Is NVIDIA Shield still the best?

I use the Formuler z11 pro max and love the mytvonline 3 app that it comes with. Simply plugging in a 5tb usb drive and I can record anything. I have an older bose soundbar hooked up to 4k TV and the Pic and sound amazing. It has great wifi and gigabit port for hardwire.

3 Likes

I would really love to tryout that MyTvOnline player. I have heard great things about it, but I could never find a way to get it properly installed on my Shield. I tried every hack in the book and the best I could do was get the Flash screen installed.

I own 3 and just purchased a fourth. by far the best. NVIDIA will not abandon you on updates too.

7 Likes

The reason I don’t get a Nvidia is because “you don’t miss what you’ve never had”. It’s obvious that it is the best, way too many people say so for it not to be. But you have to admit, 200.00 is a little much to stream tv, movies, and live tv. If streaming and or gaming was a serious hobby or obsession with me, I would. But I think its fair to say, that if your just want the basic cord cutting device you can do quite well with a less than 100.00 investment.

3 Likes

all depends on the valuation standards. $200/month cable bill vs $200/once shield. You can save big $$$BUCKS$$$ no matter the device you choose.

6 Likes

I think it’s proprietary with the Formuler, lower model Z10 has the mytvonline2.

1 Like

Yeah. I know it is. I just don’t want to buy another box just to fiddle with the MyTVOnline. I would buy an app, but no way will I replace my Shields for a player.

Ive had the shield since 2018 and never had a problem. Ive got a few games on there as well vice city and driver .The games i put on a memory stick,along with cinemahd and my iptv and it works perfect .I use powerline adapters around the house even though we have fastish internet.

I don’t know what the big deal about the Buzz tv box is about. I guess it must only be a big deal because of very good sales people. I bought one and I hated it. I would rather have a $65.00 android box.

5 Likes

Welcome to the fray, Ron50…
I’ve only had my U5 a few days and still working through some quirks, but I like it.
It’s very snappy compared to my old KM3 and the BuzzTV5 app makes it easy for the wife to use.
I was also able to slap a 1-gig SSD HD in that onboard slot to record away.
My plan is to eventually cut the cord, but I have to make sure I can make it all easy for my better half before I do and my KM box wouldn’t let that happen (slow, sluggish and just not shiny).

1 Like

buy a fire stick , best cheap device out there .
i have a shield ( android best ) but never use it any longer

How odd I went entirely the opposit way. I had, and use to program, the 4K Max. But since going to the 2019 Shield Pro I haven’t touched a stick. Got 6 of the 4K Max sitting in a drawer. Simply an amazong device with the ability to adapt to virtually any system out there.

6 Likes

My grandson still prefers the fire stick,that’s good for me in a way lol.Keep your hands off my shield remote lol

There is only one way you can try it - get the Formuler 11, try it and return within return period.

MYTVOnline 3 is only available on that series of device - older Formuler boxes will not be getting this app.
Link to app features https://www.formuler.tv/mytvonline3

1 Like

2 Likes

Hands down the best. You are going to use it for a long time.

1 Like

I have 2 Shields and a bunch of Onn 4k boxes. Shields is normally my daily driver. Some days the Onn box more. Totally got away from anything Amazon related, that’s just me tho. Some ppl like Formulers. I went that route a few years back with a Dreamlink, but it was way to restrictive for me. Shield is 100% way to go, followed by Onn box. Buy an Onn box first, if you love it, save up and buy a Shield…then you will really love it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Already have Shields on all my TVs. The Shield’s benchmark test is better than the Formulas.

I am only interested in the MyTVOline 3.

1 Like

Nvidia Shield is Greattt I have the new one but expensive

Yeah…I spent almost 2 weeks with my VPN provider’s tech support trying to figure it out. Only to find out that it’s not the VPN, it’s the WiFi connection that is defective, which is strange, since it is fine when not using a VPN, since there are streaming apps I use that do not require I use the VPN. Guess it’s just that the connection drops slightly which causes me to disconnect from the VPN. I’ve gotten an old Range Extender I’m going to try and connect it to via Ethernet. See if I can bypass using WiFi and connect using a LAN cable. Might solve my issue. Keep everyone posted.