IPTV Smarters no longer working?

I have been using IPTV Smarters pro for the last 2 years with an IPTV service.

This weekend the stream no longer works. I have tried on 3 different devices with the same effect (no pictures or sounds).

To trouble shoot I have:

• cleared the cache
    -restarted the router
    -cleared the data and re entered my credentials.

It downloads the channel list and epg but does not play the stream.

I downloaded XCIPTV and put me credentials in there and it worked.

Any idea why it has stopped in IPTV Streamers pro - has a default setting changed?

3 Likes

That is odd that it would stop working all of a sudden, and then work on a different IPTV player. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Smarters and see if it fixes the issue?

3 Likes

Thanks. Just deleted and reinstalled IPTV smarters pro and no change in the behaviour.

3 Likes

Wow, this is very weird. What exactly does it say or do when you input the credentials? You said it doesn’t work, is there a message that it spits out?

3 Likes

All the credentials are there eg account type and expiry date. The channel list is there and the epg has downloaded.

Then I go to my favourites and choose one of those. Then I get the message “playback error , reconnects in 3s (1/5)”.

After 5th attempt nothing happens until I select another stream/channel and then it is repeated.

3 Likes

Assuming you are using a VPN, have you tried turning it off for a split second to see if that will play a channel? If that works, maybe change VPN locations/settings? Just thinking out loud lol.

3 Likes

I do appreciate your efforts but the behaviour did not change with vpn off or linked to a different server.

1 Like

Can you try a legal playlist like Pluto on it to see if it works? If it doesn’t something is up with Smarters.

https://i.mjh.nz/PlutoTV/us.m3u8

1 Like

I just check my IPTV Smarters pro and it works fine with my IPTV service. Everything loads

6 Likes

It’s probably your iptv service, have you contacted them?

1 Like

He mentioned that it worked in another player though, so that makes it a bit more confusing.

2 Likes

Indeed, I’m thinking they were down, and he did all that for nothing

2 Likes

I experienced the same issue on a couple of friends firesticks. Can you try typing the following into the downloader and install Smarters. Code is 52268

2 Likes

Streams on that url work fine.

I have logged out of my Iptv service on smarters and then in on xciptv and it works on xciptv. I have then logged out of xciptv and back in to smarters and again no streams.

That makes me think there is a conflict between smarters and my Iptv service. As it logs in (I can see account details and download epg) it must be something to do with the default streaming set up.

2 Likes

That’s why you need to contact your service provider and ask them.

5 Likes

this happens to me sometimes with Smarters, on a 4k stick and Onn box…i shut down smarters and restart whichever device i’m using, let everything load up then try again, if that worked then all is good…but if not, then as soon as

i back out of smarters and restart again…sometimes it takes 2 or 3 restarts then smarters will begin to act right…fir maybe a month or more, maybe just a day or 2…it is a pain and not sure why it happens but it does and for now i deal with it… maybe worth a try…

1 Like

Nothing but buffering on two different providers yesterday using Smarters Pro … but today all is working well … made no attempts yesterday to clear cache, restart anything, etc. just went to antenna for the rest of yesterday. Okay today. Quirk in Smarters ??

1 Like

Smarters is just a player that you put your IPTV service in. Must have been your service or something related to it.

1 Like

To ab_tvuser, Have you ever tried using Tivimate? No disrespect to you but I was trying to find it a simpler player as my wife will have a little bit of difficulty with Tivimate so I downloaded smarters Pro and downloading my IPTV on it got to working like it should work and to me it seem like a lot more trouble to navigate than Tivimate. Tivimate seem to be a lot simpler player.

2 Likes

Are you certain your two providers are different? Lots of resellers out there and I know I thought I had a different service. When in fact it was a reseller of a service I already had. If a resellers service goes down then that only affects their own clients, but if the reseller’s point of origination goes down. Then any reseller using that service will be adversely affected.

In any event, a player is just that, a player. Therefore, I would suggest the issue lies within your services. Try installing one of the good free m3us and see if that plays. If so, then your query is answered.

You can search this site for some quality free m3u’s.

2 Likes