IP Vanish VPN not effective and easily blocked

My IP vanish is not very effective. Scores of people can see it’s a covered VPN. I cannot use Now,Sky or my IPTV using IP Vanish.

2 Likes

@Grenside

Hi welcome to the community.

Every body has a different opinion about IPVanish VPN. Some are very satisfied, and some aren’t.

If you’re experiencing problem with the IPVanish connection consider the following.

Clear the cache from both apps.
Be Aware Not To Clear The Data

Go to Settings> Apps> App name> Clear Cache.
Restart your device then connect to a server.

If the problem persist reconnect VPN to a different server. Otherwise pls post your comment again. :+1:

7 Likes

I’d say it’s still effective as a VPN. Your data and activity is still safe. Unfortunate that some websites now block access if you are using a VPN. I get a block on BBC news websites while using Surfshark. Clearing the cache always gets me in to view the site.

6 Likes

Some sub services don’t want VPNs, or other addresses besides your home address.
Hulu is one of these–and it’s a big reason why I won’t buy their services.

ESPN+ doesn’t work with a VPN, though the error message doesn’t specifically say that. However, it works well at other locations besides ‘home’ if you’re on vacation or traveling.

7 Likes

@elginherd

Thats correct and mentioned alot. Most to all legit paid services probably block vpns

3 Likes

My internet provider didn’t want to connect with IPVanish turned on, I went into settings and turned “Scramble” on, and that solved the problem.

7 Likes

Hey @Grenside
So it’s been awhile since I’ve been on, so please excuse if this has been mentioned. You could try to split tunnel your VPN to allow those legit channels through without your VPN.

7 Likes

I use IPVanish and Amazon Prime Video(on firestick) won’t work if I have my VPN on. I just turn it off when I’m using that particular app, but I mostly use Syncler anyways so I don’t have to deal with ads or the hassle of turning anything off. I have Real-Debrid and Syncler Plus so honestly it’s just as good as using Netflix or Prime anyways.

7 Likes

Split tunneling works with some of them but I have found some of them still won’t work if it’s spilt tunneled, unless I’m doing it incorrectly. I think even Netflix has stopped working with a VPN, but again I’m not paying for any of that. I use Syncler as my go to and it works perfectly.

7 Likes

Have you tried the “scramble” option?

3 Likes

Dracoo, Sling notably does work with a VPN address.
They just require that the address is within the US.

Sling is very convenient if your situation requires changing locations.

2 Likes

I use Prime, HBO & Disney+ while using IPVanish. Difference is I used the split tunnel feature & scramble. Only had a problem before I used split tunneling.

3 Likes

And it’s not just IPVanish. You read everywhere that something you know works great does not for someone else. I’m an absolute fan of Surfshark, but you can read places especially Reddit that some people can’t stand it

3 Likes

@Streaming429

Of course I agree with you. In the past I was also an IPVanish user, but due to some reasons I finally switched to NordVpn.

I am now very satisfied. But some users still have the preference for IPVanish, because this is opinion and I respect that. :+1:

2 Likes

That’s what I was saying…you were spot on with your reply!

6 Likes

@Streaming429

That I understood to :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face: Thanks :+1::blush:

I have used IpVanish for years. To get BBC Iplayer etc you need to keep switching IpVanish servers til you find one that isn’t blocked. There is a list of them for each UK city. I find Glasgow servers are a good bet.

3 Likes

When split tunnel ang was first introduced I had some issues with it too, I couldn’t get the Prime video to work with wet tunneling. But now for some reason it works fine.

4 Likes

Try using Customer Support (if they have such a thing). I use ExpressVPN and their customer support got me connected to Prime Video when it was blocked for the NFL. I am an expat living outside the USA and can only use it if inside USA.

1 Like

IP Vanish just plain didn’t work for me. It slowed my computer to the point that I had to remove it. iPad didn’t like it any better. Maybe it’s just my system.

2 Likes