IP Vanish VPN not effective and easily blocked

Not in my opinion. I also switched after about 6 yrs with IPV. So I don’t think you made a mistake.

2 Likes

Yes I tried everything with ipvanish, split tunneling, wire guard etc. They all seem to have one issue or another. Why can’t we all just get along!

1 Like

Yes this is a good question.
They are all VPN Providers, and each provider offers something different that the other does not, so that they can compete with each other leaving the user to his own devices.

Perhaps in the future a provider will arise and agree to take over all providers. Then hopefully all minor differences will be resolved. :hugs:

3 Likes

Indeed, Let’s make this a better world!

:pray::pray: Yes anyway. If this happens, we’ll have less headaches :joy::joy::joy:

Miracles do happen :v:

It’s not just IPVanish. It the VPN protocol that is being detected, not the provider unless they are blocking well known IP that the provider uses. Some common ones are:

Port Description
1194 UDP

443 TCP|These ports are used to establish the OpenVPN connections. OpenVPN is an open-source VPN protocol that is widely used by many providers. 443 TCP is also used by SSTP — a protocol created by Microsoft with native Windows support — for data and control path.|
|1723 TCP

47 GRE|PPTP uses 1723 TCP to instantiate a VPN tunnel, while the 47 port is the best for GRE (Generic Routing Encapsulation). In other words, the 1723 port is utilized for the PPTP control path, while the 47 port for the PPTP data path. PPTP is one of the oldest protocols on the market and is not always supported by the latest operating systems.|
|500, 4500 UDP

50 ESP

1701 UDP|L2TP uses 500 and 4500 UDP ports to negotiate IPsec keys, and the 50 port for ESP (Encapsulating Security Payload). If the protocol uses IPsec encryption, it is connected via the 1701 UDP port. The L2TP protocol was designed to set up VPN connections and being paired with IPsec, it guarantees a high-security level.

Also, these ports are used by IKEv2 — a VPN encryption protocol that also supports IPsec to provide powerful encryption. It was created by Microsoft in cooperation with Cisco.|
|51820 UDP|WireGuard establishes incoming connections via this port|

This is a list of common ports to establish a VPN connection by the majority of providers. If you are not sure, please contact technical support to find out which port is used and how to open it.

@Razman

Thanks Razman for the explanation I’m aware of that. Also IPVanish provided a complete explanation about their VPN protocols.

Some Official Streaming Services, still block the use of VPN. The best way to use VPN, if you’re lucky: by continue changing the country location, and to try various servers.

This way you will avoid being blocked, again depends on your country location.

This is one of the reasons I moved to NordVpn. :+1:

Very true. Switching countries helps a lot, especially with Netflix and Amazon. I switched to SurfShark and have very few issues with blocking, plus it is very fast… even faster than not using a VPN on my desktop… go figure… ran several speed tests and they all showed faster up/down speeds with SurfShark running… I bought a 3-year subscription for about $75.

3 Likes

Yes I heard about SurfShark also fast with a good discount.
This will be my next option if I have to change from NordVpn, but so far I’m happy with them.

2 Likes

Oddly enough I found ProtonVPN also boosted my speed. When I dug into it I found a referral to “speed boosting” tech. So a lot of VPNs are starting to introduce new methods, and coding, to reduce what use to be a huge speed loss using a VPN.

1 Like

Sorry @Miki I forget to mention ProtonVPN still number one on my wish list. Second SurfShark.:+1:

1 Like

Issue i had recently with ip vanish is my ISP installed a new gateway, and after receiving two warnings from them, i contacted ip vanish to ask why, and to find out was the problem was ipv6, how would i know without getting warned that i had to make changes ?

1 Like

Yes. This is known, they leave you without providing any further information. Customer Service “Systems :joy:” are full of :beetle::beetle::beetle::beetle:

1 Like

Split tunneling is designed exactly for the purpose of excluding apps that don’t play nice with your VPN turned on. I check off all of the apps that don’t need or won’t work with a VPN, including Amazon Prime, Hulu & Netflix, and I never have an issue leaving IPVanish on at all times.

3 Likes

Just ran speed tests using Analiti on Wi-Fi. Surfshark…36 ping, 216mbps/21mbps Express…39 ping, 180mbps/21mbps CyberGhost…47 ping, 106mbps/22mbps. I used servers in New York for all 3 tests

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.