Inexpensive ONN Android Boxes (Yeas vs Nays)

Pretty sure it’s 2G Ram & 8G ROM…supposedly, you can pick & choose apps when setting up…android 10 has to be a decent size O/S…so not sure what you have left. Like TXRon does…I’m gonna snag one as a backup. I know the O/S/homescreen well already & I don’t load much on my devices anyway.

lil bit high. I got my boxes for about $20 each and the sticks for about $15…sticks are terrible tho.

2 Likes

That’s a helluva’ markup compared to $19.88 @ WallyWorld.

1 Like

Yeah at that Price it’s a deal breaker especially for the limited RAM, storage, and inputs compared to other options

Welcome to canada. Everything is over priced. Ima stick to the fourmler. I have a fab setup for overheating china boxes that works great. Aha.

Onn would be lovely addition.

1 Like

This is pretty much going up against the firestick 4ks I believe…but at half the price & no restrictions for sideloading launchers, apps etc…as opposed to the mid-range generic android boxes from $50 -$100…or the top of the line models from $100 - $200. I look at it as a starter device for peeps getting into streaming…backup for others & @ $20 a copy, maybe even an impulse buy item. $20 is dinner for 2 @ your local fast food joint…so…not a big investment.

1 Like

dont count out google in keeping up with amazon in blocking stuff…all they care about is feeding you ads

1 Like

Oh yeah…they probably aren’t too far behind…that’s why I kinda’ liked that hack article I posted…just wish they could put all those commands into a one click “hacking for dummies” application. :roll_eyes: :eyes:

I will be working on that either tonight or tomorrow :+1:

1 Like

One review I read said you have about 5.5Gigs useable, left of the 8 Gigs claimed.

1 Like

Oh yeah sure at $20 no brainer. I was referencing the closer to $60 that someone said was the price on Best Buy

1 Like

Everything in Canada is more expensive. Our dollar sucks and we pay a crap load of tax. We get about 70 cents for our dollar and then add tax of around 17-20%

That’s probably about right…@TXRon may have an exact # on that…

Boy…y’all’s prices up yonder are uuuuuuugly…ouch!

1 Like

I see it as well on the bestbuy site but only available online. I can get you a deal, my price is $59.95 :slight_smile:

These boxes are perfect for beginners or someone that uses it for paid subscriptions. I have set up dozens for just Syncler+ or Stremio and IPTV Smarters. I have used them as travel boxes to friends and family houses and let them have them so they can watch movies and shows on their basic tvs. I’ve personally never have had over heating problems on basic apps. I only had one over heat when testing random Kodi builds that had way to many add-ons.

3 Likes

Nice review…I’ll put you in the “yea” column…thnx @Emsel :cowboy_hat_face:

I live in the northeast US. I just purchased the ONN box on the weekend for $19.97 plus tax. I installed downloader/troypoint without complication. I use tivimate. I must say streaming has been very good. I have a buzzbox which is my primary. However, my wife and kids like the amazon interface. So I have a cube and 2 4K firesticks. If Amazon continues to do what they are doing with recent updates I wouldnt hesitate to use thes ONN devices.

2 Likes

Copy that @perogiehunting Having the same android 10 o/s in my KM6 box, I know how easy & familiar it is (Google based & all) & if/when you have to wean the wife & kids off of Amazon & onto this operating system/android version…I think it would be a smooth transition. Appreciate your input…I’ll put you down as a “yea” :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

For those experimenting with the ONN android tv box:
Best browser:
Jio Pages
Find it in the Google Play Store (Install the Play Store app, then search).
Very simple, easy, intuitive, has easy Bookmarks.
After trying Jio I deleted TvBro browser, too cumbersome and not friendly, .

1 Like

Thnx for the heads up @Fit505…just went out & snagged me a box so I’ll give your browser a look see when I get to that point. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like