I can't uninstall FLauncher

There’s got to be a way to plug in a Thumb drive, or computer to the USB port next to the HDMI port, and be able to override everything and go right to recovery mode. I’m sure I’m not the first to experience this.
I appreciate all the attention, and help of this forum, but haven’t gotten to a solution yet. Much appreciated. Billy

Hey Brett. @TP-Brett
Sorry to bother again, but I’m at the same dilema. Can I open a new help request? This existing thread is so long now, I think I need fresh eyes.
The situation is: I installed “Launch Manager” which was required in order to install “FLauncher”. Since that moment, Launch Manager has taken over and anytime I want to go to my Shield settings, LM appears and I can do NOTHING. I’ve tried everything suggested to no avail.
I have a keyboard, or laptop ready to plug into the USB port next to the HDMI, but what directions can I get of what to do then. Maybe there’s a thumb drive to boot it to recovery?
Please help me post my problem. I don’t know how. Thanks. billybeat.

Hey billybeat,

Have you tried using a file explorer such as ES File to delete the Launcher Manager application?

1 Like

Hey TXRon.
I’m coming back to tell you that your suggestion on Jan 6 was the fix. I just couldn’t get to that app. (ES FileExplorer). Today, Jan. 14, I did find a way to open ES File… and hallelujah, I deleted File Manager, and FLauncher. Thanks for your input. Billy.

2 Likes

Hey TP-Brett !
Problem solved. I couldn’t get to my apps because of the stupid File Manager that took over my factory settings, but today I followed my apps listed on the home page, to the end, and hit the plus sign to go to ES File…
Finally, I deleted both of those devil’s, and my Shield is back. Thanks again. Billy.