I can't uninstall FLauncher

lol…I still use Wolf Launcher…it has never caused me any issues… heres my latest

1 Like

Hey TXRon.
I have 3 operating Shields, and only one is bad. I’ve tried to work with my laptop to connect to the USB port furthest from the HDMI port, but nothing is connecting.
There is No Micro USB port on any of my Shields, as described in the notes.
Anymore ideas? Thanks.

just wondering here…Do you have a file explorer installed ie X-Plore or similar? If not un-linked has them and Troys place might have one. You could go into xplore and poke around and delete flaunch from there?

1 Like

The developer has a site and claims to assist anyone with problems and that issues will be fixed immediately. Apparently this app was only ever partially tested on chromecast and comes with a warning to use at your own risk. He has many apps so be sure to name the exact app and version and what device/OS when contacting him.

wikiapkcom@gmail.com

1 Like

I can get that from Troy, but how do I connect to my laptop?

Thank you Miki.
I’ll try that.

1 Like

Hey TP-Dracco.
I appreciate your offer to bump this thread to more time. I am still baffled about what happened to my Shield since I installed the Launch Mngr. and FLsuncher. I can no longer access my stock settings, weather I want to clear cache, force stop, or delete apps.
Sure, I can still use my apps like Kodi, Cinema, Chrome Etc. but I’m locked out of settings. I’ve tried all the tricks suggested, or plugging keyboard into USB port next to HDMI, and holding down A & B while powering up, but no change.
Thanks for your indulgence, but please tell me why most of these fixes refer to a “micro port”? None of my 3 shields have this.
Again, thanks for your help. Billy

1 Like

I think the older Shields have a micro usb port, new ones don’t.

Ah.
Thank you Miki. That clears up that idea.

1 Like

I’m still stumped tbh. If you can open and run launcher manager you should be able to click disable custom launcher, then on the left it should show the Shield stock launcher and you click your home button and the flauncher should now be gone. Then you can uninstall. But it doesn’t sound like that’s the case.

That’s right Miki. When I do that, I get a message to enable Debugging, and it takes me there. So when I go to to disable again, it gives me the message to disable Debugging !!
Back and forth.
There’s got to be a way to connect something to override the startup to wipe the system
Still hoping someone knows.
Thanks Miki.

I’m researching. I know it’s a shield but is there an exact model. Will help me weed out the results from my searches.

so you tried this?
Factory Reset SHIELD TV When You Are Unable to Access Android Settings | NVIDIA
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4052/~/factory-reset-shield-tv-when-you-are-unable-to-access-android-settings

1 Like

The setting I saw was plugging in a keyboard and holding down X and Y , not A and B.

Are you serious? That worked? Man that’s great.

Ok Miki,
I went into settings of another Shield I have just like the problem child. It is "NVIDIA SHIELD TV. Model P2897 Version 9.

I hope this helps.

I tried X an Y while powering up. No change.

1 Like

Topic requested to be opened as the issue isn’t resolved the solution did work.

@billybeat

I’m not really sure to help you at this point. The f launcher shouldn’t have bricked the system.

TPDracoo.
Launch Manager is what I can’t get past.