How can or can you delete factory apps off Firestick?

That’s why I posted this. Noone should just go ahead and install it without knowing exactly what can and can’t be done. IMHO this will take time to learn and use effectively. Not just a matter of install it and click right left and center on anything you want.

2 Likes

I agree if you don’t know what you’re doing you shouldnt just willy nilly click on anything. That being said, this is not hard to use at all, and the app itself is self-explanatory if you already have an idea of what is appropriate to uninstall. Google is your friend in most cases.

1 Like

Update: Now that Amazon has allowed file managers “all access,” I’ve been able to uninstall or disable unused/unwanted Amazon bloatware with MiExplorer and ADB TV app. i.e. Kids, Music, Mini-TV, News, Photos, Screensaver/Ambient Experience, Shopping. For ADB TV app:

Cheers :+1:

1 Like

But what does this mean on the apps landing page?
Due to Android restrictions, system apps cannot be permanently uninstalled and their apk files will remain on the system. There is no way to uninstall them without root privileges. These applications will not start and work - they are not installed for the operating system

I agree with your points. I realize that these apps are simply inactivated. When I use the terms, “uninstalled or disabled,” I’m actually referring to the options appearing onscreen in both file manager apps. My goal was to increase the available memory on the device, which was achieved and reflected in the Managed Applications list and in My Fire TV tab. I appreciate your careful critique. :+1: