Have I found the "best" VOD out there?

So, regarding preferred VOD apps, I’ve heard about apps like RD, Syncler, Kodi, Plex, etc (or sometimes combinations of them together). But from my, admittedly, relatively small knowledge of them, they all seem rather “involved”, as far as general app maintenance, updates, searching various links for the best series/movie stream, and things of that nature.

And then there are those apps that will give you a nicer, more intuitive user interface, like Cinema, Popcornflix, etc. But those seemingly have a history of being glitchy, full of ads, unreliable sources, and things like that.

Just thought I’d bring up an app similar to the concept of those more “user friendly” apps just above. It’s called MovieBoxPro(not to be confused with the previous Moviebox app that got shutdown). It really is incredible. The catalog is massive, and most of the offerings come from the primary source (ie: Netflix, HBO, etc), so the quality is essentially perfect. No ads or anything either. The cost is minimal (there is even a “family plan” option that is dirt cheap). And the user interface truly is a similar feel to using Netflix, Prime, Hulu, or any of the like.

I mainly just wanted to spread the word of this awesome app that I use on a daily basis. But also, wanted to see, if there was anybody that ALREADY uses it, how they would compare it to the apps I listed in the first paragraph. I feel like I’ve got the best there is with this app currently, but I’m always happy to be proven wrong!

Ps…this was not intended to be anywhere NEAR as long as it ended up being. :person_facepalming::joy:

Hmmm this App raises major concerns for a number of review sites as well as the tech community in general. Here is one that explains their concerns rather well. I urge caution.
https://www.digitbin.com/moviebox-pro-app/#:~:text=The%20MovieBox%20pro%20offers%20high-quality%20content%20for%20absolutely%20free.

2 Likes

Sounds like a Flock of Seagulls :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

2 Likes

I read this article whenever I first was looking into the app. I believe it’s actually referring to the Moviebox app that DID get shut down pretty close to the time the article was written, if I’m not mistaken. I think they conflated the two, clearly similar, but not at all connected, apps. I’ve used it for a couple years now without any issues whatsoever. But of course I’m not naive enough to believe it’s entirely “above board”.

1 Like

Nope. Clearly states moviebox Pro. @TP-Dracoo posted the best list of apps. Tx for the suggestion though.

4 Likes

It also mentions in that article that it’s entirely free - which the previous Moviebox app was. That’s just one of the reasons I think they conflated the two together.

I’m not trying to to sell anybody on the idea of the app or anything necessarily. Just wanted to provide my personal experience with it. All of yall’s concerns are genuinely appreciated though!

2 Likes

Oh no it’s all good. If it works for you then that’s good, but the concerns raised by top techies sends up red flags and that means a hard pass for me. I use a proven safe app like Stremio. I also don’t like the fact I have to make an account first, and sign up, just to have a look at the site and the apps options. I didn’t find anywhere where I could find a price even. If in fact it does cost me, then why and for what?

3 Likes

A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) (Video) - YouTube

2 Likes

I just used a burner for the initial setup. Which is definitely one of annoying, I agree. I think that the cost is essentially to give you full access, because it’s a “private (irony noted) service”.

1 Like

I didn’t know what you meant at first. Fair enough :sweat_smile::+1:

2 Likes

Wow tx. But if this is just a player/agrigator for my stuff then not sure why I would pay?

2 Likes

essentially paying for what stremio does for free

1 Like

Yeah, no worries at all. The way I’ve described it is, if an app with the look and feel of Netflix, gave you access to virtually any series/movie you could imagine.

1 Like

1 Like

See, and that’s cool! That was a big part of my initial post. Now I’m going to definitely look more into Stremio! I’d love to find something better!

1 Like

Stremio does require a little effort. But again, Troy has a tutorial on installing it and loading addons. So if you get stuck just PM me and I’ll help the best I can.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. I’ll dig deeper with some research on Syncler, and check out the tutorial and whatnot and give it a test drive. I’ll let you know if I get stuck anywhere. Thanks for your offer!

1 Like

Use a VPN, Use a VPN, Use a VPN, Use a VPN

2 Likes

Without a doubt. Anyways sound advice! :+1:

1 Like