Hack your Amazon Fire tablet with Fire Toolbox (Install Google Play, disable Amazon apps, and more)

Hack your Amazon Fire tablet with Fire Toolbox (Install Google Play, disable Amazon apps, and more) - Liliputing

5 Likes

Anyone tried this yet on a FireStick? This looks like a Holy Grail.

Best answer…

1 Like

I bought an Amazon fire tablet. I take it back couldn’t do nothing with it. I bought a Samsung 7-in light. And I had to reset it once to get rid of all the Samsung junk on it turned over to chrome.

Oh dear @ turned it over to chrome.
So instead of one known spyware you turn it all over to Google :smile:

I find the Fire Tablet to be decent for the money you pay and it is responsive, unlike a lot of the tablets that are even slightly higher in price.
I replaced the battery once but apart from that it has been great.

Yes Yes you can buy tablets that are speedy, but the price is no where near comparable.

I have seen similar tool box’s, so will give this a trial.

I use chrome search engine.
Google already gave me an enema long time ago! LOL!!!

Chrome search engine?? Is there such an anomaly? When I went to sleep last night everything was still normal.

I did the Fire Toolbox things years ago when I bought my Fire HD 10 tablet. I installed the Nova Launcher on it and took out everything Amazon I could.

Fyi, this morning I install the Sideload Channel Launcher 3 on that same tablet. The SCL3 installed without issue and all features seem to be working great. I really like this SCL3! It has soooo many options to customize and configure your home screen. In fact, I will probably set it as my default launcher. …as soon as I recharge the batteries. Drained this morning playing with all the SCL3 settings and Tivimate settings I was researching for someone else.

So, now I have 2 active launchers and the Amazon one hiding somewhere in the Twilight Zone. lol

2 Likes

:grin:

lol
My problem when doing something like this is I once put on a loader, then it took me ages to get it off after an :exploding_head: moment. The new loader was even worse than the stock one.

Try the SCL3 and if you don’t like it, just uninstall it. It comes with a preinstalled clock widget, but you can add as many widgets you want. The UI is total customizable.

,including static wallpapers and Live wallpapers.

@Powerfader Do you get the “user inactivity detected” message when streaming something on your Fire Max tablet? I love everything about the little streamer I created using the Fire Toolbox, but that is my biggest complaint. Everything 5 or 10 minutes I have to hit a button to keep the screen from shutting off. I have looked and looked and tried several things, but nothing I do changes it or takes it away. I’m not sure if this is a feature on the Fire side or the Android side of things. I have tried “stay on” apps, they didnt get rid of it. I thought maybe there was an ADB command that could shut it down, just figured I would ask. It isn’t unusable by any stretch, just a little detail that bugs me lol.

I also tried to change the length of it using the Toolbox…to like 24 hours. That didnt change anything either.

Screen Alive - keep screen on - Apps on Google Play

Hey @TXRon , that was one of the ones I tried that didn’t override it. It is a really cool app, but something about the root of this feature didn’t let it work the way it is supposed to, apparently.

hmmm Thats what I use on my fire tab to keep the screen on and it works for me? Maybe my tab is older.

1 Like

Chrome is Google Google is Chrome Google is a search engine which means Chrome is a search engine OnePlus 3 is 4 2 + 2 is 4 5 - 1 is 4. All the same.

Pay me no mind. I’m a picky type person when it comes to labeling. I give the side-eye to people who say they use Mozilla as their browser. Firefox is a browser, Mozilla is the maker. Chrome is a browser, Google is the maker. Edge is a browser, Microsoft is the maker. Etc. etc. etc., all the same ad nauseam. ? :wink:

My tablet will shut down after 10 minutes of it sitting idle on the home page. It will not turn off if I have something playing like a tv show, movie, music etc… I can set it to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity, but there is no " never" type of setting.

1 Like

Mine pops up the “User Inactivity” message on the bottom of the screen after 10 minutes regardless if it is sitting there or if I am streaming a movie. After 60 more seconds the screen goes off and interrupts my stream if I don’t push a button within those 60 seconds. It is a bit annoying. What is weird is I have the display shut off in “settings” set to 30 minutes. And I have tried putting it to several hours using the Toolbox and it still does the 10 minute thing. Weird.

This may be a silly question but have you gone into the device and activate the developer options and then gone into screen timeout turn off in the developer options just wondering.

I’ve looked through the developer options probably a dozen times to see if I missed an option that controls the display timeout in there, but haven’t seen anything. It is confusing because it basically is a Google tablet now after using Fire Toolbox, but some settings are only able to be controlled by the Toolbox. It makes it much more difficult to just Google an issue like this.