Freezing or buffering issues with using vpn, ip vanish and now surfshark?

I have 1gb fiber optics internet, I. checked speed with analiti got 65mbps download and 72mbps upload haveing surfshark on.I. Am using monsterbox
X1max, sterling apk,and ever day throughtout watching tv, I. Get my picture
Freeze up or buffer but no spinning blue circle, I have gotten the same problem Using ipvanish, I Switched to surfshark same problems,now attempted fixes
I tried switching diffrent protocols on vpn settings stopped problem. Briefly, changed channels, switched locations, cities, and country, no major help.
Shut box down only helps for short time, my tv is in a diffrent room from router connects via wi fi same floor of house as router about 20 25 feet away
Now I have a smart tv, and all apps used from smart tv work flawlessly, the same thing with these apps when I. Use monster box device, example, pluto, peacock, fubo etc…can somone please help resolve this problem…l have had this problem over two plus years my last box was from super pro 2 with blue tv apk, same thing…thank you for your time

What VPN protocol were you using when it was working well? What about when the speed was slow?

(WELCOME!!!)

I. Was using mostly I kev2 but no one protocol. Worked more than a day…

1 Like

What about when you used Wireguard?

1 Like

For me opvn udp seems best with surfshark. Try swapping the hdmi cable for starters, post back.

1 Like

Funny because I was the same with IPVanish. Open - UDP was the best, but with SS Wireguard is blazing for me.

1 Like

app, or router? could be faster with app, I use wireguard with ss on my phone and its fast.

same thing…i have surfshark now and i have switched the protocols
There as well but it seems like i’m switching it every 5 mins.or so. I have protocol. Set on auto switching and that is not working any better…customer support from sufshark suks no live phone service to talk to someone. Over there…

1 Like

What about server locations? I know many mention to use New York no matter where you are…what about that or even outside of US (or wherever you are)?

there is nothing more i can do with router it is fios owned…the app is sterling live came loaded on monsterbox…

try the hdmi cable swap and newyork servers

I am from long island, ny… And yes i’m using ny location…I. Also have all us locations as well as canadians and new Britain, all saved to my favorite locations on surfshark…

1 Like

When you run the speed tests without VPN, you are getting great speeds correct?

Have you been to sterling live and followed their suggestions?

Have switched hdmi cable to a 4k cable it is the only type that seems to work…

Have not been able to get sterling at all, spoke with monster box and they say that they are working on it…nothing happened…

1 Like

I found an article on their site but I do 't know what you’ve tried in the app. This starts to get away from original topic of the vpn but I’ll post this for you.
Quote:
(1) DON’T connect to 5G Wifi / Wifi hotspot as they are not stable;

(2) Go to setting – decode, choose Hardware decode (for devices other than mobile phone) / Software decode (for mobile phone) and see if which one works better on your device. Restart the device once you set;

(3) [Live TV] While Live TV channel playing, click “right” button of your remote, choose “resource 1 or 2 or 3” for the best performance resource;

actually for some reason I. Can not get any speed reading from anality when I. Turned off surfshark… I kept getting test failed monster box will not let me take off the location throught wi fi box…i clicked it off numerous time but it just will not release the off box…

i tried that also…did not work…the resource button i tried that also but i only get ‘resource 1’ never seen or got 2 or 3 before…

1 Like

Can you use speedtest.net on a browser or something to verify speeds without VPN?

Also, have you tried hardwiring this with an ethernet cable to see if it changes anything?

1 Like