Freezing or buffering issues with using vpn, ip vanish and now surfshark?

Well I think you may be down to the app dev and ask them. Looks like most everything you have tried. Real tough one.

1 Like

No for some strange reason,try using analiti with ss , i can only get results for download and upload speeds with vpnā€¦ On never had this problem with ip vanish,i was able to get with vpn on or offā€¦ Dont have long ethernet cableā€¦

I guess i may have to get in touch with themā€¦thank you for all your wonderful idears and your helpā€¦thanks

Could it be the kill switch keeping you from getting the non-vpn reading?

1 Like

Welcome @Sharky66 Iā€™m thinking along the same lines as @AMD237 is saying. I lived this same nightmare for a year and a half, no matter what box I was using and my modem was literally 5ft below my device through a ceiling after fighting with everyone, a tech finally said for whatever reason even though the speed was high it was unstable. Couple months ago drilled a couple holes, hooked up ethernet cable, problem 100% solved and not a buffer since.

5 Likes

I was wondering the same thing PapaS. Maybe WiFi interferance but seems the smart TV doesnā€™t have the same issues. But if any way to get ethernet direct, that would certainly be the best.

It doesnā€™t make sense to me @Miki but likewise my smart tv never had issues with Prime or YouTube but every android device Iā€™ve tried was constant buffering, vpn never stay connected and on and on and having not much tech smarts it was a nightmare :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Ethernet vs Wi-Fi: Which is best for your needs? - Android Authority
My personal rankings:

1. Hardwired-ethernet connection
  2. Wifi 6
  3. Everything else

**It is wild @PapaS that 5 feet away through a floor could make it unstable. Glad you figured it out though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you donā€™t mind me asking, are you choosing the high GB links? I noticed they do cause the tv to buffer. I normally select 3.5 Gigs (1080) or below. No buffering at all. Also MX player gives me problems. Half the time the CC links do not load or non existant. I use Yes Player and have absolutely no problems.