Firestick info and knowlege

I may be pirating this topic and, if so, I apologize. Wanted to do a rant regarding the new Firesticks. Asked for three for Christmas so I could update my tvs . . shouldn’t have. Have plugged in all three in different tvs and am finding myself with nothing but problems; black screens, frozen commands with no way out, live hockey games (and other events) that all of a sudden go dead and you get the pulsating bar like it’s trying to load and then you can’t get back into them (ESPN+) . . been nothing but problems. When all of this happens, I then plug my older Firesticks (gen 2, I think) in place of the new ones and everything seems to work fine. . . . so don’t quite understand the issues but am hoping you techno-wizards can offer suggestions. Thanks for the platform.

1 Like

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Try this stuff, it should help. You may need to reset a few or check your storage on them, i also made you a topic, thank you for being a patron.

There could be a few factors. 2nGen Firesticks have different firmware\OS and updates can make them intermittently temperamental. Newer Firesticks also have improved and newer hardware technology. Increased RAM and Processor. If used with an older TV there is a chance that older HDMI ports without HDMI-CEC support, will have issues with newer devices, even USB drives being used.

2 Likes

The second gen Firestick is the only one that seems to work without any hiccups versus the newest one (4K) which keeps locking up. It’s a brand new LG OLED tv so can’t imagine that it has anything to do with it. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Newest 4K Firestick should be all good on a new LG. Hope you find a solution as it does sound frustrating.

I use nothing but Firesticks and never have I had an issue. Of course I upgrade each time a new one comes out. I now have, and love, the 4K Max. An easily configurable piece of tech. I only use the stick for streaming, live sports to TV series to F.A.S.T. I have no problems. If ever I’ve had any issues it’s been due to a poorly maintained app, not the firestick.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.