Firestick 4K keeps rebootingg

My 4K firestick keeps rebooting. It is not overheating, has 2.7gig storage and a USB stick with gigs of storage. Any ideas please.

@Kamijinga

Ether low power, use the plug it comes with and plug it into the wall, or overheating.

Try these:

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

@Kamijinga

Welcome back.

I noticed you’re having problem with Firestick rebooting it self.

If you search for the topic in the page above in search field you will find many similar topics with Firestick rebooting it self. Here’s one you can try.

2 Likes

Also, if you have a second power brick and/or cable for the Firestick, try that. Could be one of them is faulty/intermittent.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have checked all that, but I’ll check again. I was also thinking it might be the Debloater app? maybe Amazon is trying to override. If I can’t fix it, I’ll uninstall the Debloater app and see.

@Kamijinga

You never mentioned the debloater, id stop using that, let your sevice update see what happens. Note, you can’t go back after.

One important thing to do before uninstalling the Debloater toolbox is to reverse any changes you’ve made. Personally I would start it up, go to the “all” box in the top right corner and remove the checkmark and let it run, this will restore all settings to their “normal” operation.

Did you remove the USB and otg and just boot straight into the stick and see if it overheats. You may want to move some programs back to internal storage first. You might have a bad USB stick or otg cable
Sal

Thanks everyone for your help. I allowed everything to load up except for firmware upgrades in the Debloater app and 48hours later, the firestick hasn’t rebooted itself yet. Some apps stopped working, but worked fine when I reinstalled them.
Cheers.

1 Like

@Kamijinga

You’re welcome we are glad to help :+1:

We’ll keep our fingers crossed. Have fun and STREAM ON.

Unfortunately the firestick has started rebooting again today. I’m in my 70’s and have concluded that IT is the new Devil of the 21st century. I’m going to literally “Cut the Cords” and just take up my old hobbies.

@Kamijinga

One last thing you can try, to watch the video to try to solve Firestick rebooting problem.

Note: This video is not from TP manuals.

Those are similar to some of above steps, but if you like to give it try.