FEN Kodi Addon Officially Calls it Quits

Originally published at: FEN Kodi Addon Officially Calls it Quits

The extremely popular FEN Kodi Addon is officially closing its doors after many years of providing high-quality content for Kodi users. The addon has been removed from the repository and is no longer available for installation unless you do it manually. This comes after an announcement made by the developer on the addon’s official Github…

4 Likes

I enjoy FEN because it works really well without Trakt. However, what I like more than anything is that with FEN I could mark episodes as watched (without Trakt).

What other Addons function this way?

1 Like

Good reason why you shouldn’t rely on only one APK or add-on for your services. I always have a few that I use but not one exclusively. After awhile developers will either stop because of the pressure of agencies sneaking up on them or it’s a lot of work!

1 Like

I used the updated URL to install FEN. When I go to install from zip file, only fenlight is showing.

I also tried installing FEN and only “fenlight x.x.xx” was available. I did a Google search on https://tikipeter.github.io/packages and the fenlight x.x.xx file is the only file in it?

1 Like

Tried installing Fen and then Crew 2 days ago based on recommendations in Troypoint Kodi Build Links. Fen would only install Fen light. But neither Fen Light or Crew carried my most recent shows. So I went back to afFENity which had more of my shows. I’m not sure it will continue being the best build with FEN shutting down, but right now - it is.

1 Like

There’s an Addon called afFENity that’s a clone of FEN

2 Likes

AGAIN? This like the 3RD TIME! I switched to the Fen clone EZRA the FIRST TIME he threw in the towel. EZRA has never let me down!

1 Like

EZRA is a Fen clone and works great.

1 Like

Twilight is another clone that works well.

2 Likes

What I like best about FEN is that it keeps track of watched episodes without TRAKT.
Which of these does the same… Twilight, Ezra, afFENity?

2 Likes
1 Like

Thank you.
Does this mean FEN is not going away?

I was just giving you a link to other add-ons that can mark watched episodes without Trakt, I think Fen is retired though it’s still working for those that had it.

You know what I like about stremio, I don’t have to worry about Fen!

2 Likes

You forgot Twilight, too. It was funny but if I did a search for something on Fen it would also be listed in the search on Twilight. I just noticed that fisher1togo mentioned this above.

Oh and I used Fen last night and it is still working for me.

Thank you.

My Fen is still active as of March 28th with no problems at all. Still using real-debrid! Don’t know why I’m not having any problems?! Not complaining though