ExpressVPN Review - Fast, Secure, Reliable, and Feature-Rich

Not sure what 115 means but if it is price, set your vpn to a US address and sign up that way.

1 Like

@rich5544

I could do that, but using a Canadian credit card and PayPal will make it so that doesnā€™t work.

I would need a us card and a US subscription. Itā€™s not a big deal to me as I have been with nord and a few others for a long time and I negotiate prices with everyone including express pia nord and so on

I have 3 devices on ip vanish. Windows, fire tv, iOS. All three have different settings for max speed

Thanks Troy, that does make me feel a little better. Kept thinking I was doing something wrong

Never have lost any speed with my IPVanish, so basically you are wrong on some level but not wrong for some.

I have never known ANYONE who did not lose some speed when using a VPN. I think that is probably the biggest complaint about using a VPN. I think you said your download speed is 25Mbs so it may be hard to see the loss. Oh well, guess I know someone now. I wonder if there are others who have never lost any speed.

Have you tried Nords new Nordlynx Protocol? Just curious about what others think.

If you only got 20Mbs out of a possible 100Mbs, I would be switching providers, too. I donā€™t use a firestick, but 85 out of a possible 100Mbs is only a 15% loss. Doesnā€™t sound bad for a VPN.

1 Like

I think the speed changes do apply to those who have higher speeds. But for me Iā€™m stuck in the Twilight Zone of download speeds

I switched from IPVanish to Express VPN because IPV impacted my download speeds so badly. I tested every single combination and 10 different locations, took me about an hour. When Troy did the ExpressVPN review I bought my own sub. I had been using a friends to test it for a while. With the latest update I ran 3 different speed tests using it and my go to location. Without the VPN on I get 77MBs down connected to my IP in Mexico, with the VPN on and connected to a server in Dallas I got 77MBs down. Thatā€™s more than enough for 8K gaming if I had a powerful enough device.

1 Like

I really like Express. It works so well for me on all of our devices. SS was my #1 for a long time until they wonā€™t address the issue Iā€™m still having. SS updated on my iOS this morning and it takes 3-4 times to connect. Iā€™ve uninstalled and reinstalled. Just my personal opinion it seems things have degraded with them. Not sure if itā€™s due to price and guessing a ton of people are using it. I wonā€™t give up though and will continue to keep trying to use it. Iā€™ll run it until my problem(s) develop and then I switch to Express until the aggravation goes away and try again

Edit I guess Iā€™m not the only one. This is from SS Discord just now I found

1 Like

I think Express is terrific. It is more expensive, so that may draw people away, and also the limited devices is a drawback for that price. I have SS slightly ahead of Express for my faves just because of the extra features, but you canā€™t go wrong with Express. Great VPN.

2 Likes

I like them both a lot but SS had been giving me a headache as of late. Too many funky things going on and after 3 CS chats, nothing has been done

SS still working great for me (knock on wood). The only thing that keeps me from extending my SS sub is the Nord situation. Since Nord owns SS, it is a bit concerning that their issue has dragged on this long.