Express VPN Reviews

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used or knows anything about ExpressVPN. I have been looking for something that is going to hold up with work plus when watching my favorite shows. Please make sure the family is safe. I have used Sharkfin before and had a lot of issues with them. Thanks in advance.

It is #2 on Troy’s rankings. Many will argue it is the best out there, depending on your needs. It is more expensive, but in my eyes that isn’t a bad thing. Use the search in here and on Troy’s main site, plenty of information.

What is a VPN? Best Uses for Virtual Private Network (2023) (troypoint.com)

2 Likes

Tried some others but been using ExpressVPN for 2 plus years and I personally think there is only one No.1 and that’s ExpressVPN. Flawless for me.

2 Likes

I suggest a month trial, if it works grab a deal or move on and test drive another.

3 Likes

@Hawk9178

I have been using Nord Vpn for many years. Every time my subscription ends, i contact them for a new 3 year deal. But i make sure i access my account afterwards and disable auto renew.

If you do not disable auto renew, and despite your credit card, that may have
expired, they will still debit the card you last paid with.

And if the card you hold at the time of renewal has been renewed by the bank, the bank will still authorise the payment, even if the cc number/ expiry date/civ number are all different.

And of course you will pay their advertised rate of subscription. It is better at the time of renewal to negotiate a subscription and length of service.

I have also tried out express vpn and Surfshark on free trials. But, personally Nord leaves them behind in reliability, features and coverage. Plus they have excellent support. And there were reported issues on the internet with Express allowing certain organisations to their data base and logs of customers. But the jury is still out on that in peoples minds.

And that is another story, which i really dont wish to enter into debate here.

And before anyone thinks otherwise on my review, no, i dont work for Nord vpn nor receive any benefits for writing the above.

Every person has a personal preference, and this is mine. Viwers may differ, but thats the beauty of this forum. Everyone has different experiences.

2 Likes

To Ron’s point, that is why it is so important to test different VPNs and use their money-back offer to your advantage. A VPN will not work the same for everyone, nor will they have the right features for everyone’s needs. Where Nord may be the best and most trusted for @Dak7385, I trialed Nord and it was by far the worst out of all the major players I tested. It might be the best for you.

4 Likes

Post deleted by user.

1 Like

@AMD237 Your thoughts on Nord Vpn are somewhat surprising, condidering reviews by cnet Forbes,Toms guide, pc mag etc etc, place them either no 1 or 2 in best vpns.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them and didnt suit your needs.

Regards

1 Like

My experience wasn’t the point of my post. Nord has a big name, and not a good streaming VPN in my opinion. I don’t care who ranked them, Nord has never worked well for me. Other Insiders may have a different experience, hence my reminder about utilizing free trials on these VPNs.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

I would agree. NordVPN hasn’t updated their Fire TV / Android TV / Google TV apps. It’s very basic and generic.

1 Like

Sorry but i disagree with that. My device receives regular updates.

But perhaps you are not includingvAndroid OS in your statement.My android device has update 6.9.0.

As to very basic an generic…perhaps you would explain, so that we may understand.

Not speaking of the vpn itself as ive never used it but speaking of web reviews be wary. Most reviews are done so with an agenda and used to promote the vpn or help sell it rather than an actual in-depth break down. Just my 2 cents, now back to your regular programming :sunglasses:

@TXRon Thanks for your thoughts. I based my post on experience, and trialling others as well. Your point on reviewers is a valid point.

Just renewed Express not too long ago. Very reliable especially on Android TVOS. More pricey but well worth it

3 Likes

Troy isn’t talking about the normal updates it receives, he means Nord just hasn’t kept up with the streaming VPN world as far as features/functionality. Some VPNs are good, but good on PC/mobile phones, not on streaming devices. Use Nord, nobody is going to fault you, we are just stating facts. Are you sure you don’t work for Nord? lol

1 Like

@AMD237 …Thanks for your thoughts.

No, I don’t work for Nord😀

I take your point about phones/ streaming devices. Mine works very well on my Android OS device. And as far as features/functionality on Nord with streaming devices, i genuinely have no issues.

But i appreciate your comments.

We are glad you are happy with Nord, no reason to change what works for you.

@AMD237 …Thank you for courteous reply. Always good to exchange experiences on products and technology.

That is what this site is about…helping one another and learning all we can from others on subjects we are interested in.

Regards

1 Like

Try ExpressVPN. Have been a subscriber for 5 years. Nothing better out there. Trouble free. A bit more expensive than most but worth it. Very stable download and upload speeds with no drop outs as long as your internet service works well.

6 Likes