ESPN, FOX, & Warner Bros. Announce Sports Streaming Service

Originally published at: https://troypoint.com/espn-fox-warner-bros-sports-streaming-service/

ESPN, FOX, and Warner Bros. Discovery have joined forces to bring sports fans an exciting new streaming service. This collaboration between three media powerhouses will offer a comprehensive package that includes popular live channels such as ESPN, FOX, Fox Sports, ABC, and more, as well as other exclusive content. The service is planned to launch…

ESPN joins forces with Fox, Warner Bros. Discovery for sports streaming

I hope they keep the price reasonable. Sure seems like it has potential.

$50 mentioned in another article.

yea I just read $45-$50

They can count me out then lol

This is going to be a Dagger through the heart for the Cable Companies. So many people (Mainstream not us) holding on to their cable subs because of Sports.

ile stick to streaming an save the £50 :+1:

The US sports streaming landscape is about to change dramatically | Trusted Reviews

This really is groundbreaking. I think this might be the end for traditional cable companies and if so Fuc$ Them!

they’ll just stick it to their internet only subscribers

They had better be careful. In my area ive seen lotsa seniors switch over to one form of 5g internet or another.

“There are also a few things we don’t know yet. Price is a big one. But if it’s priced in a reasonable way — and it’s hard to see why it wouldn’t be, given it’s such a big bet for these companies — it truly represents an existential threat to cable TV.”

Like anything else entertainment related. They will suck you in for a cheap price and then jack up the price in never ending increments.

So advertisers will pay big bucks to air their products on their streaming service and subscribers will pay big bucks to watch their commercial laden streams.

Big corporate wins again.

Btw, could they be doing this to curtail or at least hamper the illegal streaming services? Consolidate their efforts into developing a non-hackable broadcast stream?

Think about it. For a lousy $50 bucks you get almost all the sport entertainment. Sports I would arguably say is the #1 selling point of all the “unverified” iptv services.

A sports addicted nut with a decent ota setup would probably jump ship on a lot of these iptv services.

"While there’s no confirmed cost yet, combining the prices of service from all three companies costs upwards of $27.

So it wouldn’t be surprising to see it cost somewhere between $20 and $30. In terms of signups, interested consumers will be able to sign up through a dedicated app."

Nonsense! these channels don’t need to be hacked. You are already getting them in your IPTV service!

Why? If someone is getting all these channels now with a quality IPTV service paying $7.99-$15.00/month why would they ditch their IPTV service to pay $40-$50/month?

Go bother someone else.

tommy-boy-comedy 2

4 Likes

That was not a Troll reply (at least not this time!). My questions are valid points to your post. And you will know when I am bothering you :yawning_face:

If the price is around the $50 price point, I could see it being a very attractive option for many if they have a decent broadband service. For the “count me out crowd” on here, remember that we are not the typical consumers.

You do realize where the borrow streams come from? Don’t you? Their death makes it hard for us to get the some we like.

1 Like

Hotwheels is correct.