ESPN, FOX, & Warner Bros. Announce Sports Streaming Service

Yeah the IPTV providers will just Pirate the channels from this new service. I have to disagree here but we will find out this Fall

I disagree. The more sources that stay in business, the better off IPTV is. More streams sources to borrow and more choices of IPTV service.

2 Likes

well there is a pretty big caveat there…unless I overlooked it,it doesn’t include CBS or NBC sports,nor their locals.So it’s kind of only half a solution.

1 Like

Right, but I suppose one could use an OTA Antenna for the local CBS and NBC channels. I’ve never done that and don’t no how good the reception would be but lots here do it

yea I have tried for 40 plus years,off and on to get ota here in these mtns…no go.Still plenty of rural areas left.Heck you’d be surprised at the number of folks here that can only get fixed isp or dsl internet service.Many still rely on satellite for tv still.Hard to imagine that here we are nearly 2025 and still no 21st century internet or tv options.

The fixed cell network ISP should be a good solution for outlying areas, but sadly T-Mobile, Version, etc tend to concentrate their 5G resources in places near highly populated regions.

I have a cousin who uses Starlink. He says that it’s a good service, but expensive.

In the article they mention both CBS and NBC and went on to state the sports programing on those networks are available ota ,with the exception of Peacock.

It’s not only that hot wheels.

All the sources of IPTV, prestige TV, movies, etc need enough paying customers for those sources to continue be highly profitable to provide the incentive to produce content and provide coverage for sports.

$50 is too high.
Forget it.
They are missing Sports sources; Locals, NBC sports, CBS sports, Golf and others.
They are Priced out already if anybody just thinks about it for a minute.
Just get Youtube TV for $73 ($23 more)
and now you have nearly all the other sports sources,
CBS Sports Network, All your Locals which have Sports, Golf, etc which are NOT included in this package.
Plus with YTTV unlimited DVR, and MULTI-SCREEN which is just starting
but should include “pick your own games” by Fall it seems.
Do you think this new service will allow Recording, or Multiscreen???
What am I missing??

1 Like

I read this in one on\e of the links posted above. They are saying around $20-$30 a month.

Very good points. You are absolutely correct.

yep then in my mind it’s not truly a true live sports solution.CBS and NBC parent companies have loads of big time sports.NFL,March Madness,the Olympics.

I understand, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this venture pans out. That a few more companies may opt in.

I no longer am a sports nut. I played enough in high school and college and even in city leagues to last a lifetime.

NFL, basically a conversation piece at the local bar
NCAA, only if my teams are doing good. (IU, ND) and during the final 4 [soon to be final 8-10] and March Madness.
MLB, only during September///maybe?
Golf, the 4 majors and something to talk about on a Sunday afternoon at a sports bar.

The rest of the sports world I don’t give a hoot about anymore.

So, no, I will not be buying their packaged sports sub. lol

1 Like

Flt, $23 is kind of a deal to a lot of people.
Also, YTTB has a history of raising it’s price relatively often.

OTA networks are not the issue, for those who are including them in their issues with the possible service. Theoretically, they are available for free for the majority of the population.

If you’re not a hardcore sports/gambling fan, this discussion is irrelevant.

I’ll be shocked if prices start lower than $40.

Very interesting. Sounds like what we’ve been looking and waiting for in our house. Peacock is cheap and we get Paramount + free. We’d rather have a legal paid service that just works instead of streaming from sketchy sites/services. Let’s see how it’s priced.

Peacock isn’t that cheap to get your local affiliate.That requires premium which atm is $10.You also have to pay an upcharge to paramount plus to get your local channel,which is another $12.So when you start adding it all up you’re right back to a fubo or youtube live price.The devil is always in the details.I stand corrected…the cost of peacock to include your local NBC affiliate is now $12.