Echo Dot Changing the channel on Fire Tv Cube

I have a problem with the Echo Dot (5th Gen, 2022 release) that I bought during black Friday.
When I restart my laptop the Echo changes the channel on my FireTv Cube to “Settings - Searching for Blue tooth devices” and the Echo says, “couldn’t connect”. Both devices are on the same network and the Echo does this even when I unplug it?

3 Likes

^^^^what he said^^^ :grimacing:

This sounds like paranormal activity to me.:open_mouth:

2 Likes

I have System Mechanic.

System mechanic aint gona fix an echo dot changing channels while unplugged :alien:

1 Like

This is one of the strangest things I have heard in a long while. I re-read the initial post at least 20 times, and I literally don’t even know where to start lol. It isn’t that I don’t want to help, I’m just in such shock from this situation my brain is frozen. :cold_face:

1 Like

Somebody needs to contact Paramount+ and tell them we may have a future episode for Paranormal Activity. :thinking:

1 Like

I think maybe the question is worded wrong? and maybe not… :grimacing:

Try asking Alexa? …who knows :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Alexa’s not talking to Echo… cuz shes been cheating with Siri…

1 Like

OH MY

Change the trigger word for the cube and the echo. Mine are two different words. Likely will fix this.

1 Like

I know. I thought someone had suggested it. Apparently, it’s an ad that pops up here.

Well, my brain went into logic lockup over this as well. This morning, I rotated through various network scenarios with the Echo. I would connect it to my phone and then I would connect it to my Dell laptop. Once it connected to my laptop, it would disconnect from my phone. Once I had it synched to my TV, it would disconnect from my laptop. I was under the impression that it could make multiple connections.
I made sure all devices were on the same network.
So, it’s a vicious cycle that got me nowhere. I didn’t take a lot of time on it, since I had to go to work, but I intend to look at it more when I can.

Thanks, Do you have any idea how to change it on the cube?

images

Is it connected via bluetooth…or is it on your local wifi network?

1 Like

It’s on my local Wi-Fi network? It just tries to connect to Bluetooth when I reboot my laptop and changes the channel on my Fire TV Cube to “Settings, Searching for Bluetooth” after the Echo says it can’t connect.

I have the google mini speakers & they are set up via an app I put on my android phone…it allows me to give “permissions” & basically tell it which devices it can play with on my local network. I would assume the echo dots are set up similarly…? When you say yours can only deal with one particular device it reminds me of my bluetooth ear buds…they can only work with one device at a time…that’s why I wonder if your dots are (or even can) be setup for bluetooth…& they’re fighting for control.

1 Like