Echo Dot Changing the channel on Fire Tv Cube

I don’t know. I have the latest version of the Dot. Someone like Troy could help us out here. Now when I reboot the laptop the TV goes to a black graphical screen that appears like I have tried to play a song, complete with a time graph at the bottom of the screen. I have to use my Samsung remote to exit that screen. I have also lost the ability to control my volume using the Fire TV Cube remote. I have to use my soundbar or TV remote. When I press the volume on the FireTv Cube remote, the Dot beeps but the volume does nothing.
I realize that I can probably disconnect the laptop from the TV and Dot, but I use it to cast certain sports venues to my TV as well as the Vysor program.

The remote volume issue can most likely be resolved in your sound settings. Look for CEC and IR setting and play around with those settings. Also, test using with and without “fixed Volume”.

Brainstorming:

I don’t know if this would make any difference but try moving the Dot to a different location in the room. It’s a longshot, but an easy longshot to try.

Try changing the firetv wake word to “echo” due to the 2 devices too close together and to reduce overlap. You’ll have to do it via the Alexa app.

2 Likes

Thanks, Powerfader. I’ll give those tips a try.

2 Likes

Good job, Powerfader. Problem solved! First I renamed the Cube to Echo. Then I went into the sound settings and CEC was on, but I had the sound system in “Game Mode”. That’s because I had lost all sound a couple of weeks ago and after trying every mode there was, I researched the issue and someone said they had the same one and “game mode” was the only way the sound would work, which is non-sensical to me, but I tried it and it worked!
I changed the sound system back to home theatre and everything worked, where it didn’t before. I can tell Alexa to play a song and it initiates the song on my TV along with lyrics and sound bar.
Thanks again. I may never have another say day. :wink:

1 Like