Down load and up streaming mbps

Im curious why only one of my tvs will not stream well w my vpn and iptv. What is a good download and upload strength

20 down and 10 up should be good enough

2 Likes

I think a lot depends on the device you are using. For the Firesticks I firmly believe that you need 35Mbps down and 15Mbps up. Now this may simply be because I live in a Country with rather primitive infrastructure and little to no installation standards for any ISPs, so to mitigate lost packets lag, noise etc. you need better speeds.

3 Likes

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

Refer to this and run some tests. Check bandwidth allocation. You may need to contact your isp as well.

2 Likes

Also i wanted to ask everyone…do they think the firesticks work differently w different tvs? I swear this smart tv samsung, whick i have my fire stick on, seems to work slower and more buffering issues than the other 2 tvs.

Yea, i seem to also think my firestiks make a difference. Like my other 2 work well but my main one is tempermental. And its the newest

There was a bunch of Max sticks that were released about 2 to 3 months ago and their power bricks and cables were wonky and resulted in a glitchy Max. Can’t honestly say how many were in this lot but I’ve had 5 so far that I’ve replaced the power cords and bricks and not had further issues.

2 Likes

Ok im gonna switch power cords. But what are bricks?

The brick is the USB power adapter for the Max.

2 Likes

Hey @Jujubinx Troubleshooting tip: if you have 3 firestick setups & 2 work fine but the 3rd one gets wonky on you…like Miki stated…swap out power adapter (brick) ONLY from one of your good setups…if no change…swap back then swap out power cable ONLY…if no change…swap back then swap out HDMI cable ONLY…if no change…then.swap back then swap out firestick ONLY. We’re trying to narrow down & pinpoint the culprit…if nothing changes with each of those swap-outs…then you can start looking at the TV itself. Hope this makes sense…GL2U :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Oh this is great advice! Thank you! I did finish my speed tests and updated all my apps. And loged out and back in to everything. I will try that next!! Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

Let me add one more thing to test before you start swapping components out…insert your HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV first…that is also a point of occasional failure. Sorry, forgot all about that one :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh yea! That is a good point tonbring up. I will do that! Thank you! Everyone is such great help! :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.