Don't Trust Reddit for Reliable Streaming Information - Here's Why

Originally published at: Don't Trust Reddit for Reliable Streaming Information - Here's Why

Are you still using Reddit to find information about streaming? In this article, we explain why you should no longer trust Reddit for reliable streaming information. Several years ago Reddit used to be a great resource for all topics related to streaming, cord-cutting, IPTV, torrenting, Kodi, VPNs, etc. However, this platform today has been completely…

21 Likes

As a VPN tester, their list is garbage. All paid actors pushing a main company and sometimes 2.

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Thanks for this post. I never trusted Reddit due to all the fake sites they try to push. What I like about Troypoint is that vendors and services are always verified and properly vetted before recommendations are made. As our 40th President once said, “Trust, but verify.” :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

6 Likes

RE: “so Google can train its AI models with Reddit’s data”. Having decided last Month that I had to leave Reddit and not participate any longer I looked into deleting my reddit account, and discovered that even though I deleted my account my posts still stayed online in Redditt. Know that there is an app from Github that deletes this data. It seemed to work for me before I deleted my account.

Due diligence,honestly no one should ever completely trust sites on the internet for anything.You have to take everything with a grain of salt,and get multiple opinions from various sources,at least that’s what I do.You can’t even trust reviews on Amazon or seller ratings on Ebay etc.

5 Likes

I don’t know especially with Amazon. I buy a lot of stuff on amazon and base most of my purchases on user reviews. I won’t buy something unless there is a sizeable (over 1,000) number of Reviews and the most recent reviews are all good. YMMV but this has worked out well for me.

3 Likes

I’m not saying don’t use Amazon reviews at all,I use them as well,but I also will check a few other sites just to make my final decision.Even Amazon knows it’s an issue,but they are trying to do something about it.

3 Likes

I have been disillusioned by Reddit for sometime and found their info useless. I am glad to see TROYPOINT post this article which confirms my suspicions. I also never use the Google search engine. They seem more interested in gathering your personal information and making money than actually providing good links for good information. My search engine is DuckDuckGo. TROYPOINT is my goto for good streaming info.

2 Likes

Not trust Reddit? Where else can i get thousands of complete horses**t replies from hundreds of self professed “experts” who add 2 + 2 and get the answer “green”? Or who tell you the ONN box is a tool that the syndicate uses to target you for space laser strikes?

I created an account with Reddit for the first time because I was directed to them by Google search on a chrome browser. I was referred over from Google to Reddit and I see they have those little strips of topics in the Google search results lately but thanks for the heads up Troy I’ll be more aware of this when I go there.

??? about abuse.

(post deleted by author)

LOL…There isn’t much I would trust on reddit!

Wow this is so Random!

beverly-hillbillies-hat

3 Likes

I did not have a question I was just commenting on the topic.

1 Like

We are all commenting about Reddit. I received a reply in my email what is your question or are you just commenting? No need to reply. Thank you

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

When virtue and morality departs the field, driven by the insipid corruption of the almighty dollar, we ALL suffer in one way or another. Who had the time to verify the quality of information intake in a world where brand recognition can lead to the abyss? Thank heavens for Troypoint - one of the few bright lights in a sea of glitter and deception.

1 Like