Does Cord Cutting Cost More Than Cable TV? We Breakdown The Numbers

Does Cord Cutting Cost More Than Cable TV? We Breakdown The Numbers | Cord Cutters News

1 Like

I think this article is a bit slanted. No one I know of that cord cut has all of those services that add up to over a hundred dollars. I have two Kodi addons, one IPTV service, and a VPN. My total cost per month including internet is 68 dollars, and I get to watch anything I want to watch.

8 Likes

Take into account verified vs un-verified cord cutting. This article only addresses the verified.

1 Like

It is written based on verified IPTV/apps, not some of the unverified ways that some of us may or may not cord cut…wink wink

4 Likes

oh my, say wha? :open_mouth: :scream: :skull_and_crossbones: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

There was a time and it was a short time when cutting the cord with verified was cheap…and then they caught on to what we were up to and the price increases started and has never stopped. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

The only thing I know is that I’m saving an a** load of money or I would still be paying what I was a couple years ago

7 Likes
  • Amazon Prime costs $7.00 a month (I only have this for the next day delivery)
  • Disney+ costs $0.00 a month
  • Netflix costs $0.00 a month
  • Sling TV costs $0.00 a month
  • Hulu costs $0.00 a month

Total: $7.00

My true cost:
*Spectrum $45 a month
*IPTV $15 a month
*VPN $2.30 a month
*Real-Debrid $2.50 a month

Total: $64.80

This does not take into account all the free media apps and m3u URLs. I have all my locals, vod movies, and vod TV shows all of the above has and more. Even if you take away the iptv services and just do one VOD movie and TV show app and pump your locals through Plex You would still have way more than all of the above combined.

Theoretically, you could get your monthly cost down to just whatever your internet cost would be, i.e., free VOD movie/TV show app, free streaming app, antenna for locals and you pretty much have it all. Even sports can be had for free with just a mere bit of surfing to find the sites.

5 Likes

I would Argue that Verified is NOT Cord Cutting at All. Now it’s better than Cable as it allows you to control the content you want to pay for (sort of) but I wouldn’t classify it as true Cord Cutting

4 Likes

Speaking of saving money, I recently applied to the Affordable Connectivity Program and received a $30/month discount on my internet service. Being retired, qualifying was a piece of cake. Wish I would have known earlier.

Leaving a link for any interested.

5 Likes

I just did the exact same thing just a day or two ago with Spectrum. They sent me an email the same day stating I was qualified and will be receiving the $30 buck discount on my next billing cycle. Woohoo!

I had no clue about this and tbh didn’t think I would get it, but figured can’t hurt to try. Besides, NOTHING is FREE! Guaranteed they are getting money to cover from the federal government via taxpayers.

Although, with the recent hubbub about Spectrum doing a data cap. I figure after the added cost to get unlimited data will probably be the $30 buck discount I will get.

2 Likes

question…whats the benefit of using Real-debrid with an IPTV service?

2 Likes

You don’t use it with IPTV.

2 Likes

I’m all verified in the USA I have two apps VPN and run real debrid and I pay out the same money in 4 months that I did for cable tv a month.

3 Likes

What is discussion is missing is all the cable sub packages–I’ll pick on Amazon–are choked to death with ads, fake links to video on demand, paid old movies, and shopping crap. They slow and bog down the whole experience. Those who use Wolf Launcher know it’s a dream come true.

This was the post I was referring to. If this poster has IPTV for $15 a month, whats the benefit of paying for Real Debrid on top of that?

I don’t use RD on an IPTV player as it isn’t made for that. I do use it on my movie/series app.

My Cost per month:
Internet free. Supplied by landlady.
RD: $3.50 cdn
TiviMate: Lifetime premium $40 cdn
IPTV sub: $15 cdn 5 connections
VPN $7.50 cdn

Without the lifetime sub of TiViMate my monthly cost is $26/cdn. When in Canada and using one of the suppose top companies my cost was $240/mth.

1 Like

I use RD for the VOD Movie and TV shows apps such as Stremio (free) or Syncler+ (paid). I don’t use RD for any m3u url.

Btw, that is $15 bucks for 4 paid iptv. I also have another 6 freebie m3u playlists on top of the 4 paid ones.

1 Like

Hi. I’m in Canada as well and have been googling various iptv providers, as I’d like to eliminate my Shaw Direct satellite tv package.
I’m already set up with a vpn & RD for my firesticks (as I have a couple apps I use them with for movies/series), but am searching for an iptv provider.

Sounds like you have a great deal at $15 per month for 5 connections with your iptv provider.
Would you be able to share who you’re using?
Thanks

2 Likes

I will pm you. You will need to install discord.