Do you use an AV Receiver in Your Home?

I have a Sonos Beam Soundbar and a Sonos Bass with 2 Sonos surround Sound Speakers behind all wirelessly connected to a 65” LG OLED that feels like we’re in a movie theater. My Pioneer VSX Elite LX505 hasn’t been hooked up because I don’t need it anymore. I guess I’ll sell it.

old Panasonic Plasma - Mecool KM3 - old Panasonic SA-XR55 receiver mixture of Bose center and mains - Polk sub - CambridgeAudio in walls and overheads

Denon AVR-S930H 7.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Yamaha RX-A860. All devices inout to receiver and then out to surround sound and TV. I would be interested in coverage of using AVRs with various systems, services and anything related to interface and settings for best overall performance of media streaming sytem. A lot of good coverage already of which Audio Receivers are best that users can find online.

yamaha htr 6050 5.1 surround sound

Yamaha 7.i in the living room

onkyo av receiver tx-rz820 plus 2 power amps for front main and center

Yes, I have a Sony STR-DH770 and it is connected to a 5.2 surround system. I am in the process (it’s all just money) changing my old Take 5.1 speaker system to an SVS speaker system. It really makes a difference. So far I have the SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer and the SVS Prime center speaker, can’t wait to change out the 4 satellites and the other subwoofer, I’m really pleased with the sound.

Yamaha AV 5.1 receiver connected by optical cable.

I use a Denon 4k receiver with 5.1 Energy surround speakers connected to an Android TV box and Smart Android TV. Using IPTV service, VPN and KODI for movies and missed tv shows.

Yes, a Denon AVRX6700H

I have a Sony 65" hooked up to a Yamaha RXV 2400 set up in 5.1 with Paradigm speakers.

Denon AVR-S750H in my Shield. Works Nice.
Sony Home theatre 5.1 rig on my Fire Cube. Works OK.

Probably not worth covering here. So may combos possible it would be hard to cover. I go to a Denon support group on Facebook. I manage to fix issues and answer questions there.

I have an Audio Control pre-amp in my main room with Dolby Atmos setup, so pre and power amps to power all the speakers, including Nvidia Shield TV Pro.

yes a Yamaha receiver for surround sound

Denon receiver with 5.1 speaker setup,

I’m using a Denon AVR-X4400H. Please cover this topic. So many things I tried to use the manual to understand my home setup, others I looked online for answers or guessed. Finally had a more knowledgeable friend set it up for me. What settings are best?

Pioneer VSX-LX105 AVR, Definitive Technology BP-8040 Powered Towers, Definitive Technology SR-8080BP Surrounds, Definitive Technology ProCinema 2000 Center, Nvidia Shield PRO.

Livingroom TV
LG 55" C-1 4K UHD OLED TV with BOSE 700 Surround 5.1 System. Using a 4k Max Firestick for now. I will probably be getting some sort of an Android box in the near future!

1 Like

58 inch Samsung smart tv with a Sony 30 inch soundbar and sony surround sound