Difference between IPTV Smarters and IPTV Service?

Please assume that I am a newbie to cord cutting. What does the smarters do? Do I need another IPTV in order to use it?
Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Good to see you back! Smarters is just a player to play your service whether it’s an XC code, m3u etc

Check This out to add some free URL’s to the player to try

3 Likes

Is there an advantage to paid or free IPTV? What is the advantage of smarters over using IPTV alone?

You need a player to play your service unless the service provides a stand alone app

4 Likes

Paid IPTV service will be much more reliable and have a better channel selection and support. IPTV services arent “stand alone”, they all need a player. There are many players out there including Smarters, but Tivimate seems to be the most popular because of its ultra professional look and many ways to customize it.

https://troypoint.com/best-iptv-players/

3 Likes

I use a service with its own “Standalone App” but prefer TiviMate

2 Likes

What I meant was, the services are just a url, Xtream Code, etc, they dont play without a player. Whether it is Tivimate or a service specific app, they are all players that let you access the content, aka channels and sometimes VOD.

3 Likes

Exactly. That’s what I was trying to explain without doing anything wrong and was hoping I did it so it’s understandable. Lol I thought and thought on how to explain it. Guess I was just lost in how to word it. Thanks

2 Likes

Just a quick summary then, you will need to find an IPTV service (free or paid) that meets your needs, and pair it with a Player that meets your needs. Troypoint.com has guides to help you decide what makes the most sense for you with both decisions. We cant discuss unverified IPTV services by name here, but we can help with everything outside of that if you need extra support.

4 Likes

I am a big fan of OTT Navigator. Not sure why Troy does not give it any love. #2 for me.

2 Likes

I have not tried that one, but you have made me curious now lol. I really, really dislike Smarters. I don’t know why. I have tried and tried to use it (and keep an open mind) after my limit of 5 devices for Tivimate, but I just don’t like it.

Can I PM you AMD237? Will give you a link for it.

2 Likes

Never used OTT Navigator. Our service app is based on Smarters. We use TiviMate. OTT does sound interesting. I like trying new things like players, boxes etc. lol

4 Likes

So is this OTT thing classified top secret or what?

4 Likes

It is kind of cool. I was told the guy use to partner with Tivimate but went a different direction.

2 Likes

I can post a link to apk if allow.

3 Likes

if its legal, post away

2 Likes

big secret https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=studio.scillarium.ottnavigator&hl=en_US&gl=US

if you want the mod version I will PM that one.

3 Likes

Thanks, will check it out :+1:

1 Like