Developer Options Setting Removed by Amazon – What Happened?

The new 4k Max I purchased for my daughter in law needed the 7 click method.

Yes they will. If it has the latest updates then the 7 click is needed. Sure glad you got it. Nice going.

Here is what is confusing to me. The more I dug into the actual hardware of the 3rd gen Cube, the more I started thinking about what Amazon thinks we use and wants us to use their devices for. Say hypothetically nothing that we do or talk about in here within the unverified world exists. No unverified IPTV, no RD, no Kodi addons, no stremio, no Syncler with Orion and provider packages, etc. Picture what Amazon “thinks” can happen with their devices if they keep blocking our sideloading, etc. Why go through all the trouble to research and create a streaming device as powerful as this 3rd gen cube? As far as what they know and want, you are buying their verified content and apps and just streaming them on a tv. The powerful boxes we all love, we love them because they take unverified content and push these boxes and tvs to their limits to bring us almost unlimited, amazing content. Think of someone that bought a Cube but has never heard of cord cutting or Troypoint. To just stream verified content, any of their sticks, including the Lite would work just fine. Just confused why they would sell a $200 box for $139 (and likely less during specials) just to bring you in to buy some of their streaming content for monthly fees. It would be much cheaper and easier for them to just distribute the 4k FS and Max for basically free. Nvidia creates a Shield Pro to game, sell gaming and have us purchase their gaming content, but not sure the end game of the Cube since it is built for unverified streaming that Amazon doesn’t want, and not for gaming that they dont really specialize in…?

(Pathetic this is the type of thing that keeps me up at night, isnt it? Lol)

1 Like

This aged well. I’m still running 6.2.8.1 with Wolf Launcher.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed for the past few weeks, every time I turn on my Firestick 4k, it’s zoomed in and sometimes the volume doesn’t work. I have to restart it to get it back to normal. Also, when I have my VPN running on my laptop, Amazon also won’t load when trying to open the website. I have to disconnect my vpn to visit amazon.com and then turn it back on. Seems like Amazon is up to something.

Untitled video

1 Like

The new avatar is lookin’ good :rofl: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes