Dear Prime member ...We are writing to you today about

We are writing to you today about an upcoming change to your Prime Video experience. Starting January 29, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements. This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required from you, and there is no change to the current price of your Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month* that you can sign up for here.
rnter-Stremio

10 Likes

Yeah, got the same email. LMAO!

Tbh, I don’t think I used that app all last year.

Ads on his tablets,
Ads on his TVs
Ads on his streaming devices
Now ads on his apps!

Bezos is nothing more than a living billboard!

8 Likes

Yep got the same email today they’ll be going sayonara that’s it there’s already ads floating around there all the time now I got to pay for free I’m already paying for Prime for an entire year how do I get the above old lady here happy New Year everyone

3 Likes

Pay with your wallet AND pay with your eyeballs. It’s happening on every streaming service now, not just cable. And the “authorities” wonder why the public, fed up with the never-ending fee gouging, is resorting to “alternative sources” :rage: :rage:…

10 Likes

Remember when cable and FM were first introduced. They were to be commercial free. The old bait and switch scheme.

10 Likes

ahh those advertisers aren’t after us crusty old curmudgeons anyway lol…so they shouldn’t worry about us using apps such as stremio to avoid the ads lol.I’ll keep the prime as it has more value to my family than just the streaming portion,but they ain’t getting an extra $2.99 either.

8 Likes

Yeah heard about this months ago when they announced it and will make cord cutting even more popular I’m so happy everything is ad supported now because APKs and third party services look better than the mainstream now lol. I’m sure the corporations aren’t naive enough to believe they are not destroying themselves by doing this. Just look at how many cut the cord this year will be record breaking

4 Likes

It would be nice if they had just a basic membership for just shipping. I don’t usually use their streaming service and now it will be even less if at all if they are going to use ads.

I get hbo with my cell sevice, amazon video with my prime membership and showtime and cinemax included with my group cable package.

If they all went away tomorrow i wouldn’t care. As long as i still have kodi :laughing:.

11 Likes

Well, I certainly won’t be signing up for an additional $36 a year for the pleasure of ad-free Amazon Prime. I don’t watch anything on Freevy or Pluto any more because of the ads - thank goodness for Stremio and Real Debrid (and SurfShark). I just hope they don’t “go the way of all APKs”!

7 Likes

Wow wasn’t that real gracious of them. We pay already for a service, but now they are saying “stickem up, you are getting ads, unless you want to pay extra every month”
Highway Robbery

3 Likes

I’m old enough to remember that “ad free” option. I can’t recall how long it was until the ads started showing up because my family had a TV antenna on the roof and never subscribed to cable.

3 Likes

Dear Jeff Bozos see what I did there lol…I am writing to tell you that I will not be paying you an extra $2.99 and if not for the prime shipping benefits I would drop your service all together.

Signed

I hate ads!

2 Likes

Dear Jeff Bezos,
I am writing you, to make a special request. I would be delighted to give you an extra $2.99/mth, but rather than removing the ads, which I thoroughly enjoy BTW, would you consider giving me a share, or shares, in your company instead?

Sincerely,
           Miki( and no not the mouse it's spelled differently FGS)
3 Likes

The rich get richer, not with my money. If i could just get free shopping with some sort of basic service that’s what I would do. I am thinking of just cslling it quits. I never watch the videos now.

2 Likes

Love my Stremio and real Debrid. No issues. I only keep prime for free delivery. That’s it.

4 Likes

Yeah my dad was a cord cutter too. The phone bill got too high he just ripped that cord right out of the wall.

4 Likes

I cancelled Prime today after several years of having it.

1 Like

I am not sure if I can still use the side loaded APKS thru fire stick if I don’t have prime. I’ll look it up but I don’t understand yet exactly how it would work.

2 Likes

Bezos makes 100’s millions getting paid by advertisers. Bezos makes 100’s of millions from subscribers paying him to look at the ads.

These advertisers paid Bezos to include their ads on his many platforms to make themselves money.

Bezos is making money on both ends. Heck, even his devices he sells (tv, tablets, streaming) are all subsidized by companies by paying Bezos to include their ads.

Then he so graciously provides us mere reprobates the opportunity to give him our money so that we, too, can be a part of the Bezos world of dominance.

For the amount of money he receives on the front end. He should be giving away his products to the lowly proletariat he targets.

The money is in the ads. The ads are their golden egg!

Ditch the Stick!

3 Likes

Prime has absolutely nothing to do with side loading apps or anything onto the Firestick. Use the :mag: search :point_up:and research " how to jailbreak a Firestick" .