Corner Gas = tears in my eyes

Corner Gas
i saw a recommendation for this Canadian TV comedy and just watched the first 15 minutes of the first episode. It was so insanely funny I had tears in my eyes. Subtle sarcasm at its’ finest. 30 minute episodes so watch the 15 minutes of the first episode to check it out.

5 Likes

Man oh man that takes me way back. Oldie but goodie.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed that sitcom :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve never watched it and only seen one season of Schitt’s creek. Honest, I’m Canadian … Don’t judge me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Corner Gas is a comedy jewel. One of the best series ever IMHO.

4 Likes

Okay, you got me, I watched S1E1 it was pretty funny, the spitting on the floor gag was great. So I’m adding it to my list of Canadian TV I haven’t seen, been working my way through letterkenny too. Thanks.

3 Likes

Watched the first 2 episodes and starting #3. Funny show but i feel like i am watching the Canadian TV version of Clerks… lol

@JerryJ , Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

The line that hooked me was the comment about the woman re-opening the diner and the replay was something like “she’s too young to have cataracts, so you are out of luck”. Oh and the part where mom threatened to get between dad and son.

There are a lot of quick one liners. Love that.

I really thought the “cousin carl” episode was him playing both characters.

Good time so far.

thought the father was brilliant ps there is a rumour ted lasso is coming back really hope so

1 Like

I’m hooked. Thanks for the suggestion!!

2 Likes

Yup. Been watching since it was first run. Great Show and no laugh track. It is on Prime, I think…

1 Like

Finish the whole series! It was a good ride. I never realized it doesn’t get cold in Saskatchewan…:thinking::thinking::rofl::rofl:

Thanks again @JerryJ for broadening my sitcom horizons.

Lol. Ok if -50C isn’t cold I don’t know what is.

1 Like

Lol. I was expecting some Fargo type clothes from time to time but it always seemed like a lovely day.

But that could have been part of the Brent Butt humor. Didn’t know anything about him until the show.

Is the animated series worth a look?

Can’t honestly say. I’m not an animation fan. I’ve never ever even seen one episode of the Simpsons or American dad etc.

1 Like

As an animation fan, yes the animated Corner Gas is awesome. I love Corner Gas and still find myself watching old reruns now and then.

3 Likes

Don’t cha know that Saskatchewan is the is the Hawaii of Canada? :grin:
I imagine that the wind from the north is brutal.

In one of the episodes Hank mentioned that all of Canada is on the metric system. But he noted that when talking about height the imperial system is used. Miki, is that true?

2 Likes

The Dog River Riviera… lol

I remember Davis saying the word decal (Dee-cal) as (Deck-al). I think it was 2 episodes. Drove me crazy… lol. Is that the legit Canadian accent? Like about is aboot?

Lol. At minus 50 it doesn’t matter if it avoirdupois or celsius. As far as size goes we can see from horizon to horizon without interruptions so god only knows. :wink: