Copy xfinity stream from one device to another

I have ONN boxes that have previous versions of Xfinity Stream installed and they work. If I try to download the Xfinity Stream app onto new ONN boxes, the download is not allowed because the device is not on the approved list. How can I copy the app from the older onn boxes onto the new one? I was thinking of using the app extract tool to extract the app, then use send/receive to send it to the new onn box. Is there a simpler way to do this? Both boxes have expanded usb storage.?
I also have xfinity stream installed on firestick. Can I use the same approach to copy the app from the firestick to the onn new 4K google box?

1 Like

Where are you downloading the app from? And do you have download from unknown sources enabled or disabled?

I’ll just go ahead and leave this here for you for when you come back online.
This worked for another gentleman who was wanting to put Xfinity Stream on his new Onn Box.
I made a shortlink code to type in the Downloader app. You can type this url: http://aftv.news/653690
Or just type in the number code: 653690

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I uninstalled the version that was on the ONN. I downloaded the link you specified. The app opens, I log in, and then it won’t let me watch anything in the app. I get the message that screen mirroring can’t be used and needs to be turned off. I don’t know where screen mirroring command is located.

I’m not sure this is the correct steps for an Onn box, but try going to the Settings, tap the “Connected Devices” option, then select “Cast Screen”. Tap the “Stop” button to turn off screen mirroring on your Android device.

OR, Maybe try Settings, then System, and then Cast.

I’m gonna give you a link, where the same installation was successful… maybe you can get a tip from the guy in this thread.
https://troypointinsider.com/t/xfinity-stream-on-walmart-4k-streaming-box/91298

Thanks again. You were right, I turned off Cast for the system. Now, it works. Thank you so much.

Paul

1 Like

You’re very welcome! Glad you got it working. :+1:

On my older onn non-4k box, I can’t figure out where to turn off mirroring. Any ideas? Under settings, there is no system to select.

Paul

Unfortunately no, I don’t have an older one to look at anymore… sorry, maybe someone else here might know.

I have the same problem. Did you find a fix?

No, I did not find a fix. Shayde suggested that I turn off Cast and it worked for a day, but then the screen mirroring message appeared again and I cannot watch xfinity stream on either the 4k ONN box or the original ONN boxes. I don’t know what to try now.

I think its more of an issue with xfinity than an iisue for you to fix. Xfinity has always been bad in updating and to be honest inthe past could care less about streaming or the app. I think the tide is turning (slowly) and they now see that all the cool kids are streaming and maybe they will play catch up and make a better app.

Check this post , there is a fix (a couple) and Ibmecool confirmed that it worked.

https://troypointinsider.com/t/xfinity-stream-on-walmart-4k-streaming-box/91298/18?u=shayde