City Council Approves Unverified IPTV Reseller Plan

Originally published at: https://troypoint.com/city-council-approves-unverified-iptv-reseller-plan/

The Mapleton, Utah City Council has made the controversial decision to approve an unverified IPTV reseller plan, raising concerns over the legality of the service. The proposal, known as the Xtreme HD IPTV system, aims to provide high-definition streaming services to residents and businesses in the area, competing with other communications companies. However, the channels…

Let me guess. One of the council members is a reseller. lol

2 Likes

From the files of…you can’t make this stuff up.I can’t wait to see how this all goes down.

Hard to believe an IPTV service would knowingly allow this and as mentioned above could be a Council member that is a reseller and would stand to profit off this. Well I’m sure if the Service finds out about this they will not allow this reseller to move forward.

“The city is going to resell IPTV service credits at a significant markup through the Xtreme HD IPTV Reseller plan. Both residents and businesses will be able to take advantage of this new TV service provider which offers thousands of channels and VOD content.”

Be wary of this, it may be a Trojan horse.

These services come off as 100% legit when you look at the websites. It’s hard to blame the general public when they know nothing about this stuff. But, watch the video. He talks about discussing with legal and they approved it. This is crazy but kudos to them!

There aren’t any other municipalities doing this.

Mapleton, Utah has a population of about 11K with a density of about 600 residents per square mile.

Sounds like most residents there are cord cutter and already have a 2-connection sub from Xtreme HD.

Probably invited by Miki. Lol

Servers will be overloaded, channels crash, Xtreme HD cash grab

City is set up for failure with this. Can’t wait to see how this turns out

1 Like

What an idea, an enterprising municipality… interesting way to get more $$$ into the city coffers. We’ll see how long this will last. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well now we know where the new ACE Hardware store will be located. lol

1 Like

The ads discussion has kind of hijacked this topic so those will be deleted at the end of the day once everyone has read them. Thank you.

3 Likes

This makes me uncomfortable. IMO it’s best that unverified IPTV remain a province among those “in-the-know” as opposed to becoming some obscure Utah town’s cable tv system. I don’t believe this will work out at all and I see potential embarrassment for the denizens of Mapleton when it’s revealed that the most oft-watched channel is ADULTS 24/7​:laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

My worry is that iptv is still kinda sorta in the dark and the authorities kinda sorta tolerate it because of that. This really brings it into the light and seems prime for a big lawsuit that could cause a cascade everywhere.

1 Like

Mapleton City must of seen xtreme on Troy’s unverified IPTV list as being number #1. Maybe the city council will become a Patron too!
I see this is a test between unverified IPTV services such as Xtreme HD and your big corporate monopolies like DirecTV and Dish Network and the rest of the overpriced satellite and cable systems.
Let The Bodies Hit The floor, Let the Bodies hit the floor, Let the bodies hit the floor yeah yeah! LOL

2 Likes

I could see the City Council becoming the Greedy little Cable Company here Not only resell jacked up IPTV service but also lease streaming boxes. And they would send someone out to “install” the service onto Tivimate

Mapleton just got the attention they don’t need. Extreme HD is headed for some serious problems even if they did not sanction this idiocy.

If I had an Extreme sub, I would go to my account page and delete as much info as you can and be looking for another provider asap.

It’s not so much as a town of about 11K people but the nationwide advertising they will generate.

Afte all, the town of Mapleton could sell their services to anyone in the world. lol

Just think an IPTV City! If you lived in the town. You could walk down to your providers house and complain in person why your streams are buffering. lol

Mapton ACE

1 Like