City Council Approves Unverified IPTV Reseller Plan

It all depends where extreme HD originates from what country, I’ve had payments go to Hong kong. I’m not worried about it I already got my money’s worth out of them. Also there’s several copycats of extreme HD they’re not even sure that this city bought from the original.

I can guarantee that Charlie Ergen’s detectives will be all over this lol.

1 Like

It will be an interesting town council meeting when the councilors and subscribers are served with lawsuits for violation of copyright laws. Wouldn’t want to be one of them when property taxes are jacked up to cover settlement costs, fines, legal fees.

And if the town has already laid in fiber to the homes, why wouldn’t residents just go out and buy an IPTV unverfied subscription anyway to run on all that bandwidth without paying a crazy markup to the town??

1 Like

Be a great sideline for Miki. Got to be a lot warmer there than Sask. And taxes much lower too.

Ohhhh I like the way you think @peterrsa123. Less taxes to pay is always a plus. Just couldn’t handle all the necessary teaching that would be needed on a project like that though.

I remember Charlie’s time during the echo star satellite company.

I agree with you 100%!!!
Make sure to scrub before deleting!

That comes from a guy who listens to Amber baby,! :smile: alibaba’s best. LOL

Yup they actually Built their own Fiber Network. Their 300MB plan is higher than what I pay for 300 MB with AT&T Fiber. This is a small little town and my guess is they don’t know much if anything about unverified IPTV service providers (or that they are illegally using one for that matter!). They are just giddy as hell because they can cut the cord (cable) and get a ton of channels a lot cheaper now

https://www.mapleton.org/mapleton-city-network/inde

1 Like

I like it ,stick it to the cable giants

I believe most sites will post this type of documentation to be in compliance with DMCA;

Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)

[My Business Name] respects the intellectual property rights of others. Per the DMCA, [My Business Name] will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to [My Business Name]'s Copyright Agent as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, [My Business Name] will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials and termination of access for repeat infringers of copyright protected content.

If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by [My Business Name] or by a third party who has uploaded materials to our website, please provide the following information to the designated Copyright Agent listed below:

A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;

A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;

An address, telephone number, and email address where we can contact you and, if different, an email address where the alleged infringing party, if not [My Business Name], can contact you;

A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;

A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;

Your electronic or physical signature.

[My Business Name] may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event [My Business Name] removes the allegedly infringing materials, [My Business Name] will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that [My Business Name] removed or disabled access to the materials. [My Business Name] may also provide the responsible person with your email address so that the person may respond to your allegations.

Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). [My Business Name] designated Copyright Agent is:

[Copyright Agent Name]
[Contact Phone Number]
[Contact Email Address]

Looks like that was back from March of 2023.

That’s exactly what happened. Utah is the king of ponzi schemes and the like. This is to become the worst news in the world for extreme. Terrific comments and great humor abound as this small town is now big news.

Definitely a step in the right direction for cord cutters but a tiny bit irresponsible in not explaining the legal or illegal aspects involving streaming of copyright content as well as the risks of cyber attacks and many other factors involving IPTV in general.

Seems shady and lacking education and research, they are passing the buck by telling the council that they will not be involved with tech support ( and we know how well that will go… ); that guy presenting must have some kind of seniority, they believe everything he says; it’s all about money.

I’m sure the ‘big guys’ aren’t happy and will try to stop this…their battle begins!

Only in Amerika, lol! …and you can always trust a lawyer when you are chasing that nickel. I can hardly wait for the followup!!!

1 Like

Is city council going to be the citizens customer service contact to report buffering, looping, down channels, ppv issues? Maybe the can start reselling a VPN as well along with their own version of Stremio, Kodi or Cinema HD :joy::joy::joy:

haha could you imagine calling in to complain of buffering?It would of course be automated,average wait time 45 mins blah blah lol

Many condolences if that was your IPTV provider as that’s about to get ddos’d off the map by Hollywood.

Just when city council thought it couldn’t get any worse…:laughing::boom::laughing::rofl:

I’m an optimist, maybe the cities population is lower income.
Cable is expensive, and so is child care. IPTV is not. Maybe that’s their motivation?

Just a thought.