Cinema HD problem

I thought I was having a connection problem due to low wifi signal, it was mediocre, but not very strong. I’ve been having problems with cinema loading movies and getting the sad face, so I went and bought a wifi extender and now getting VERY STRONG signal. While this extender was being shipped I took the firestick to my place of work and it worked perfect with no changes to the firestick. After the extender came in, I installed it and still getting the sad face telling me I still have the same problem even with the new extender. I have a Samsung smart TV. I also subscribe to Real Debrid. Any suggestions as to what may be my problem. Remembering it worked perfect at work. Maybe my TV and a setting in it. Thanks

2 Likes

You can’t compare one location to another and say “it works here, but not there, what’s wrong?” Without details it’s impossible to figure out what is going on. Are you using a vpn? What speeds are you getting? Are you using WiFi? Have you checked all connections? And the list goes on. What system are you plugging into in both locations and how?

@BPonRTE66

Welcome to our community!!

Please make sure to use the search function to see if anything pertains to your situation.

Also the sad face means it haven’t pulled links for you.

You have real debrid and it’s authorized on your cinema?

And yes more info is needed.

1 Like

Hi. Yes I looked through search first. I agree that cinema sad face means what you said and yes Real Debrid is approved. It used to work, that’s one of my problems. It used to work perfectly. But why is it doing this now? It works perfect at work. What other info would I need to put up?

I can agree with your first statement. It’s hooked to TV with the parts that come with the Firestick. Yes it’s on wifi. I have a very strong signal. What other info do I need to post?

No VPN.

I thought I was having a connection problem due to low wifi signal, it was mediocre, but not very strong. I’ve been having problems with cinema loading movies and getting the sad face, so I went and bought a wifi extender and now getting VERY STRONG signal. While this extender was being shipped I took the firestick to my place of work and it worked perfect with no changes to the firestick. After the extender came in, I installed it and still getting the sad face telling me I still have the same problem even with the new extender. I have a Samsung smart TV. I also subscribe to Real Debrid. Any suggestions as to what may be my problem. Remembering it worked perfect at work. Maybe my TV and a setting in it. Thanks
[/quote]

@BPonRTE66

All good.

These issues come up alot, alot of valuable responses from alot of people.

No yellow links on cinema? Just so you know, when you buy real debrid it only allows one ip address. (Vpns are whitelisted)

Did you by chance register your real debrid at a different ip then your home? Just one troubleshooting step to get put of the way. Otherwise I would try to re authorize RD to cinema and try again.

Your internet speeds should be above 30 down.

3 Likes

Speed test at home? Are you using a vpn?

No yellow links. In fact when I do go onto a link it doesn’t show the album cover and no links in the file. I have no VPN and I only use real Debrid on this firestick. I’m currently looking at the DL and UL speeds.

53 DL. 12UL. No VPN. Real Debrid is only used on this one device .

After you setup the wifi extender, you’ll see a new wifi signal…prob called something like xxxxx_ext. Make sure you are connecting to this device in the settings of the device you are trying to strengthen the signal. (Android box, FireStick, etc). Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hello Zedder. I did that and it indicates it has a very good signal but still nothing.

I’m confused. What does that statement have to do with the question I asked and the problem with my Cinema app?

@BPonRTE66

If you are not getting yellow links at home but you are at work. Tells me you bought rd at your works network and not home.

Try going into cinema when at home, disable rd take your info out, restart then put your rd info back in and re authorize it.

1 Like

Hello Dracoo… I checked this morning if I’m getting yellow links on RD. I misunderstood when you asked and realized what you were asking. I am getting yellow links but when I click on a link it downloads but no movie or TV show pops up, but I’m having that problem even on the movie list when I first open Cinema. I have no VPN and my DL/UL is 52/13. My wifi is VERY GOOD.

@BPonRTE66

Ohhh they are not playing. Okay sorry for the confusion.

My apologies.

Try using a different media player. Mx player or vlc.

I’ve tried uninstalling Cinema HD, then reinstalling it and then reconnected with RD but haven’t without RD. Still having the same issue afterwards. I’m just baffled because it used to work. I have’nt changed anything except stayed off for a spell and then started watching again. Any suggestions? I’ll try anything if it sounds reasonable :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.
Thanks for your time
Bobby

@BPonRTE66

Yes, change your default player in cinemahd to vlc or mx player.

Have to install it on your device them change it.

I have it on MXPlayer, it’s recommended in the tutorial so I did that when I reinstalled Cinema. But I’ll double check when I’m home.
Thanks

I just want to confirm what Dracoo said about changing the player. I have had problems playing content on Cinema with MX Player so I changed the default player to VLC. Works great now AND…maybe get a VPN ??
I use IPV with RD in cinema and all works well.
Dracoo, Is it true that you do not need a VPN it you are using RD.?