Charter raises the prices of Spectrum internet plans by $5

Charter raises the prices of Spectrum internet plans by $5 | BGR

1 Like

My $50/mo 300Mbps Comcast plan just expired & they wouldnā€™t renew it so the only deal I could get was $65/mo 1G for a yearā€¦so I guess Iā€™m doinā€™ better than the Spectrum folks. Bad thing is my modem is only capable of 800Mbpsā€¦close enough thoā€¦300Mbps was plenty for my needs anyway.

3 Likes

I had Concrap for like ever! Where I moved, Concrap is not available, but Spectrum is. So, I got Spectrumā€™s 500mbps plan. So far it is working great! No real issues to speak of. Also, Spectrum gives their modem/router out for free. Whereas Concrap charges rent for one.

The major difference is my monthly service bill has been cut almost in half! I was paying Concrap about $185 a month for 1gig, unlimited, internet and phone. Now I pay about $105 for basically the same thing!

1 Like

Roger thatā€¦Iā€™m not that familiar with Spectrum, as I was out of the biz when Charter was launching themā€¦Iā€™ve sure heard their name mentioned on this board a lot, so I guess theyā€™re ā€œblossomingā€. I like the equipment being included in the service priceā€¦my biggest complaint with certain cable companies were the ā€œhiddenā€ costs/taxesā€¦most of the time that equates to a pretty hefty monthly ā€œsurchargeā€! At least there is more competition out there these daysā€¦so we are getting more ā€œbargainingā€ choicesā€¦& thatā€™s a good thang :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

My wife and I just moved and got the Spectrum bundle plan with the mobile phone line we donā€™t use because of the price. The internet companies are just slowly going to keep raising prices. They have to make up the monies they are losing from everyone cord cutting. Seems like every time the common folk find a way to save money, the establishment finds a way to get it back. Sometimes I feel like society as a whole canā€™t win for losing.

5 Likes

Itā€™s capitalismā€¦& competition is the keyā€¦fiber infrastructure has been on the move for yearsā€¦companies like T-Mobile with their 5G home networks & Elon with his Starlink. The more choices we have, the more ā€œdealsā€ weā€™ll get & traditional cable companies will have to reevaluate their pricing modelsā€¦IMO. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Screw Spectrum! When I dropped my Cable they were the only game in town for a while and I was paying like $70/month for a shitty 100MB connection. Well then AT&T Fiber swooped in and now Iā€™m paying $55/month for 300MB (I get closer to 400MB) which is more than enough for me

2 Likes

With the new deal I pretty much had to getā€¦Iā€™m over double my previous 300-350Mbps speedā€¦& ya know whatā€¦I donā€™t see one bit of differenceā€¦like you, 300 was plenty. IMOā€¦speed is relativeā€¦cause youā€™re always at the mercy of the servers youā€™re connecting with. AT&T buried some fiber near meā€¦but my dead end street doesnā€™t have enough homes for them to lay any fiber down itā€¦cā€™est la vie :roll_eyes:

Anyone who canā€™t afford your isp the government has a national discount program for phone and isp service I receive a $30 discount every month on my bill itā€™s affordable connectivity program

2 Likes

S***** 100 megabytes per second?. All I can get is AT&Tā€™s 50 megabytes per second to u-verse. And thatā€™s 40 a month.

1 Like

Att sucks if youā€™re not in their fiber locations

1 Like

My Spectrum internet is very dependable and good quality. I have 400Mbps, but really wish fiber optic internet was available at my address. My current service is too much money, but i dont have a lot of choices, none that are any betterā€¦at least yet.

1 Like

The only fiber Iā€™ll see my area is in the cereal box.

I see you Americans moaning over what you pay for internet, for cell phone data & i laugh. You are LUCKY you donā€™t live in Canada & are at the mercy of the monopolies who you have to fight yearly for a pittance of some sort of reasonable price for your services. Honest to God, last year, i spent over 8 hrs. total before i finally got a decent price for 1 Gig unlimited internet - $62.12 taxes in for 1 year, modem included. It ONLY took me 40 YEARS to get a break from a company iā€™d given my loyalty to for all those years. This year i pay more for same internet package + a streaming box that i have no need for (already have Shield Pro & BuzzTV x5 boxes) I jumped on the $10 increase in price over last year just so iā€™d miss the yearly ā€˜song & danceā€™ begging for a deal!
I pay $45/mo. for cell phone service that includes Canada wide calling, international texting & 20 GB data. I just missed out on getting it for $35 from a subsidiary of the big 3 telcos up here (Rogers, Bell, Telus) Just as i was signing up, the sales rep pulled up an email from the co. that the deal had expired the day before. DANG!
But, bet you get better deals below the 49th parallel!

1 Like

Hey tell us how you really feel!

I didnā€™t have my hearingšŸ¦»aid on @websurferdude, would you repeat that please? :sunglasses:

You are in Canada we are in America so we can b**** about it and that it is what it is.

Youā€™re absolutely right about Americans and thereā€™s a national government discount on all ISP and phone bills they can apply for

All you Canadians all you have to do is go down to Mexico cross the border into america, you get a free phone, free internet, and free Social Security benefits up to $2,500 a month, and all the other government benefits that Americans are paying their taxes for. Had to cut the list down to stay within topic.

Really? Iā€™ve been crossing the border into the US for over 50 years. How come I never heard about this? $2500 American is like $3250 CDN. Do I have to get a green card?