Changing recording folders in Tivimate

I’m trying to change the recording folder for Tivimate to a folder on a USB drive. I get the message “Failed to change the recordings folder” no matter what folder I try to use (internal or external)?

Using Nvidia Shield Pro.

make sure in settings>>>storage that transfer files using a usb is ON and also device prefs>dev options usb to mtp

I turned both of them on but it still won’t let me change the folder path. When I changed the transfer file from computer usb, the effect below it said “in this mode, the usb port is not functional for other uses”. Does that mean I can’t access those files if that is where the recordings are stored? If so, that kind of defeats the purpose?

the shield had different usesfor usb devices. There is also a scan for media switch, usb config. Also system picker is often needed to direct to the folder

try switching usb ports

When I do that, the usb drive doesn’t show up.

Sometimes a reboot helps. I generally transfer via samba. Maybe @Powerfader has some tips.

When I did that, everything (icons, wording, etc.) became very small. How do I get it back to where I had it?

no idea what you changed for that?

I didn’t. When I rebooted, it came up that way. How do I make the icons for the apps bigger?

settings>appearance>font size

This will change the size of your letters and icons/logos.

This is for my Shield, not the Tivimate settings.

Everything in my Shield became small after a reboot. I just turned it off, back on and now everything is back to the proper sizing.

But, still having an issue with trying to change my recording folder for Tivimate to my USB.

Do you by any chance have Plex installed?

No I do not.

Funny thing is, when I was using my Firecube, Tivimate let me set the recording folder in the USB with no issues. Now with the Shield, it keeps giving me the Failed to change the folder message.

1 Like

Try using the system picker.

Also, which device are we discussing, the Cube or the Sheild?

What is your file manager? I use X-plore as mine and it shows my Tivimate folder as being on the USB drive.

Using Shield. The folder is already set to Tivimate recordings in the internal drive (Shield). I use ES file explorer. It just won’t let me change it to the USB drive.

Try migrating your storage in the Shield settings in storage.

How do go about doing that?

settings>Device Preferences>Storage>Internal Shared Storage

You can reverse this by selecting USB Drive and migrate to that storage.

Before you do that make sure you “Allow” Files and Media in the Tivimate permissions.

Here is a YT you can check out for added reference.
(103) Nvidia Shield TV/Pro Not Recording Tivimate Easy Fix Since 9.0.0 Update - YouTube

Here is another reference for using X-plore to set up Tivimate recording to an external. Yhis is pretty much I have mine set up. Again, I use X-plore, but I would imagine ES is similar. Haven’t used ES in years so I can’t really remember.

We Do Streaming! - How to record IPTV using TiviMate on a USB flash drive?

1 Like