Changing Kodi Nexus back to Matrix

Please be patient with me. I saw a post back in March about going from Nexus back to Matrix. I’m not sure why, but my android box automatically updated me to Nexus just a few days ago. Now I’m having all kinds of trouble. So, I followed the March posts and I uninstalled Nexus. I used Troypoint tool box about how to find older versions of Kodi Matrix. I went to the Kodi.tv site and found the mirror sites. I eventually found Matrix but when I clicked on it, nothing happened. I’ve just spent 2 hours trying to figure this out and I’m at my wits end. All I want to do is go back to Kodi Matrix and watch my shows and movies. I’m not very tech savvy. I thought I was following instructions correctly but I’m not getting any results. Could someone help me? As I said at the beginning … please be patient with me.

In downloader type in 250931, this will take you to troys toolbox where you can download 19.5 version, when you have installed it, go into settings / add ons/ my addons/all/ and disable version check, this will prevent future updates to the latest version.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what is the reason we see this type of request so often in here? Is it from using add-ons that havent been fully tested in 20.1, or does it stem from still trying to use a Firestick with the new, larger Kodi file? After a certain point of seeing these, it makes me go hmmmm. I am not a heavy Kodi user, but the ones that I use work perfectly on 20.1.

Hello, welcome to the TROYPOINT Insider. Please read the rules and regulations prior to posting another topic. Thank you.

Please use our search function regarding this further.

Also this topic/issue/problem/ or common thing as been discussed a lot and there is many topics on this, please use our search regarding this further. Making the same topics on info that’s already posted is against our rules. Old topics are available to post as they are not locked, our search would bring this up. Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

I have a firestick, and updated to 20.1, and installed fork 20. Running two add ons on first mentioned and 1 on second. But after every use I clear cache on both pretty much daily in manage apps. Firestick 4k

I guess my question then is, why can some people do this successfully, but others swear the problem is Kodi 20.1?

Could be :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:, I use troypoint a lot but check other locations if necessary. I did have problem with fen on fork 20, so replaced with Homelander

There is absolutely nothing wrong with KODI 20.1 People just need to know if the addon(s) they are using are compatible with it.

1 Like

Most of the main add-ons work perfectly with it by now though, right? So the main reason to fall back to 19.5 would be a compatibility issue from a less used add-on? As I scroll down Troy’s list : Best Kodi Addons for Free Movies, Shows, & TV (May 2023) , I only see a few towards the bottom that only say Kodi19, most of the rest say Kodi20.

2 Likes

I have been using Kodi 20.1 since it was released. I use The Promise and Fen along with RD. I have not had a single problem with any movie or show playing. I do not understand why it seems so many are having problems with it.

3 Likes

I’m sorry if you feel I posted this against your rules. I had looked at past posts, following all the suggestions in those posts, used Troypoint website to do searches and followed the steps suggested, but I still had problems. I guess I was hoping someone would help me to understand what I might have been doing wrong.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Everything you told me to do, worked beautifully. This senior is very grateful.

2 Likes

Glad you were able to get it figured out. Just for everyone’s knowledge, what add-ons do you use that didn’t work correctly in 20.1?

I use Homelander which isn’t compatible with 20.1 I’m comfortable with it and didn’t want to try something new at this point. Again, thank you Kryten for helping me. You made the fix very simple for this senior!!

1 Like

Homelander should be compatible with 20.1. Weird you had an issue with it. I’ll test it out when I get some free time.

Latest Troypoint says it is. But, when you go to install method, says 19. But it works. Have it in mine

Just got the time to test this, and just so we don’t spread misinformation in here, Homelander works great with Kodi 20.1. @T83 also noted this above.

3 Likes

Agree i have Kodi 20.1 with Homelander and Promise, Scrubsv2, they all work perfectly…

1 Like

I’ve had issues with good links. On the crew for new episodes like 2 weeks new I get no links. If I use homelander it gives a link but I’ve learned it is a very old episode. So at the moment I can’t stream. Help please.

I am having the same issue on my Android, I’ve had to uninstall Kodi Nexus at least 3 times now. I thought maybe it was an add on causing it so I tried different ones but after using Kodi 5-10 times it crashes and tells me it has a bug which wont let the app start up. Anybody have tips or solutions?