Can't Stop Buffering

Agree with Ron’s last sentence/statement…I’ve worked for them & other cable companies & I’ll assure you, none of the managers I’ve dealt with look at your modem or could care less about it & where you surf/stream…unless there is a specific problem with your service brought to their attention…which is very rare, as the techs are the ones that deal with the day to day service problems.

? I Did EXACTY what you did but it still buffs if you go into surfshark and trust app will they still be able to see your IP address i also have xfinerty since I live in a gated community our basic cable & internet is included

I’ve tried multiple players (VLC, MX Pro, Native player, Just player) and it doesn’t seem to make a difference in buffering – nothing substantial though. There is nothing in this IPTV settings that allows me to increase buffer size. The main thing is I’m getting 150 mbps with VPN and tesing it outside the app. But the speed test within the app is showing 1 (one!) mbps. No wonder it’s buffering, stopping, switching to the small screen, losing volume etc. How could that be? Is it possible the IPTV app is slowing the speed down that much? Think I may need to try a new IPTV service.

The iptv app may be the issue. Ask for xtreme codes and get Tivimate.

2 Likes

On the face of it, that “sounds” like a solution. Does TP have a tutorial for this? You kind of lost me at “extreme codes” and “Tivimate”. Does the IPTV provider give you those codes? Is Tivimate a paid service?

1 Like
1 Like

Yes, download anothr player & put the pluto playlist in it, & that’ll tell you if its the provider & their player
https://i.mjh.nz/PlutoTV/us.m3u8

hth…

3 Likes

An xtreme url is basically a shortened version of the m3u. Sometimes you can glean the info off of the m3u url to make an xtreme url. You will still need you IN & PW to enter the codes.

Tivimate is a player and imho, the best player out there for now. You can download the player from a ton of places. First you need to get you login info from your service. Most times you can get that info from your service’s host page in the client area.

Btw, TP has the Tivimate download in his Toolbox.

2 Likes

get the free tivimate app and run a test just to see if the issue is still there. You might even try a free m3u that @pangaeatech I believe always gives out and try it. Actually you could try that m3u in current player just to rule out the provider or player.

1 Like

Yikes. Showing my ignorance here. Always wondered what the m3u urls were. Got a ton of good of good information form you guys here (Miki et al). Will look at the TP tutes and try Powerfader’s test.

2 Likes

Sorry, Powerfader’s info and TXRon’s test. Still learning. This hobby can be frustrating but fun. It would stale if it was easy and no new challenges.

m3u is the playlist format
m3u8 is a playlist with embedded EPG
EPG is an Electronic Program Guide (Channel guide)
XML is the file format for the EPG
xtreme codes are one method for connecting you to a server with your stuff. As an example lets say I bought a sub from a legitimate source, we’ll call it Baloon. So the xtreme code might look like this:
http://baloontv.abc:2345/
Supdude341
ghPxeYme3
So the first part is the site URL and port, then username, then the password.
So that’s some basic stuff. Lots here to give you help.

2 Likes

Download the free version of Tivimate as TXRon said and use Sketch’s m3u he posted to test. If that works, then you know.

Then get the Premium version of Tivimate and grab your login info and everyone you’ve talked to here so far will help you install it. Once you have done one it is EZ PZ!

There are a few topics here in the Insider where you can get a whole bunch of freebies.

2 Likes

Sorry to @Sketch …didnt catch your post with the url :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Boy this thread sure got interesting for a minute. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@DRGio I have made some progress with Nord (i think) I tried changing the Protocol to OpenVPN (TCP) and managed to watch something last night without if buffering. If you or anyone else still having problems with Nord in the last few days then it might be worth trying this too and see if it makes any difference.

This is considered a standard procedure to reduce buffering. Try all protocols and different server locations. It’s all in the buffering guide that @TP-Dracoo posts. This boils down to your ISP and their protocols. Open VPN and TCP or UDP are the most universally used by most ISPs, and wireguard is the latest in a line of upgraded protocols.

Yes been using NordLynx (which is wireguard) for quite a while now and no problems until last weekend. Hopefully OpenVPN (TCP) will resolve it whilst Nord sort their stuff out, not just me with the Issue 2 other friends have the problems too since Sunday, all on different ISP’s (BT, Sky and Virgin) all different TV Services, but all with Nord. When we use a different VPN or Turn it off altogether problem fixed, so looks like the problem is with Nord rather than the ISPs this time.

1 Like

Using SS, I found Wireguard was working great until it wasn’t. Switching to Open (TCP) increased speed quite a bit. That lasted for about a week and then switching back to Wireguard worked better. Strange but true. I’m in Minneapolis, US and switching between Chicago and St. Louis seems to work best. But Iceland showed a very strong signal, so tried that which worked fantastically for a day or two…and then didn’t. So chasing servers too. Chicago seems to be my goto at this point. Another reason I’m glad I (we) treat this a hobby or it would get pretty frustrating.