Cant connect Surfshark to wired connection

best bet is to uninstall surfshark and grab a copy from the website https://downloads.surfshark.com/android/Surfshark.apk

I just updated my SS today to 2.8.2.10ā€¦I got on Downloaderā€¦typed in Surfshark APK & downloaded this latest version from UpToDown site. Everything works fineā€¦altho I havenā€™t tried the new multihop feature yetā€¦havenā€™t even looked for it.

Im about to just use wireless. I have less speed but should still work. Just wanted wired connection to have uninterrupted stream. I have 2 TVs the other is wireless and use it for comcast streaming. So major games its on that TV. Other sporting events hint hint is through box and VPNā€¦

Wellā€¦that app is a VPN & they are protocol touchyā€¦so to speakā€¦just troubleshooting every possible avenueā€¦splitters on ethernet can also be a bit tricky, from what Iā€™ve read.

1 Like

Its possible but woudnt it stop it through wireless also? Lol

Well, my thinking isā€¦wifi & hard wiring work differently when transmitting & receiving signal. Ethernet splitters you buy on Amazon et al are not as reliable as ethernet switchesā€¦so, Iā€™m just looking at everything from the problem source back to the signal sourceā€¦& that splitter happens to be in between. Everything is a suspect in this mysteryā€¦ha ha :face_with_monocle: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Maybe a silly question but what did SurfShark customer service tell you. I do know that on some Windows you have to enable the Ethernet adapter. Just wondering what they have to say itā€™s their app afterall.

I just ran Ethernet to our KM2 and installed SS via the link I was given by support and Iā€™m up and running with no issues. Iā€™m running auto protocol which is showing Wireguard at the moment connected to the Ashburn Server

2 Likes

Yea I have ran both ethernet and wifi with both of my km2ā€™s and no issues, however speeds are faster on wifi because of the 100mb ethernet on the box.

3 Likes

Welp maybe the magic here did something lol i just got out back to hang out watch some sports turn on tv and box and boom its showing connectedā€¦i dont know im completely stumped but its working. Lol oh man weird. Thank you all for helping out.

I did do a modem and router reset the other dsy. I havent been back here since. Ive done this multiple times by the way. Maybe this time it just worked??? I dont know but its onā€¦cheers fellas!

Getting 90/21 wired with SS running. Way more than enough

2 Likes

yep, either way the km2 works great

1 Like

Going to test it on my Formuler either later or tomorrow and see what I get just for sh*#s & giggles

Just ran test.

1 Like

Thats with SS just about 500ā€™ from my router. Defying logicā€¦lol

2 Likes

Your latency is crazy lowā€¦thatā€™s one helluvaā€™ ping! It just defies logic that you can have a 300+ ft service dropā€¦an amplifier running full tiltā€¦an ethernet cable running halfway across the county & get a ping of 11msā€¦unbelievable. Youā€™ve gottaā€™ have Cat 7 or 8 huh? Is the Comcast cable system new? You should be getting so much noise ingress in your setup but your ping says no. All I can say is Great Googly Moogly!

I ordered it 3 years ago. Nope its cat6. Its underground cable made for burying. Pure copper. I bought it off amazon. A roll of it and bought the kit to put my own ends on.

Some Cat 6 has shieldingā€¦some doesnā€™tā€¦just looked up what you gotā€¦it doesnā€™t have shielding. Wow, your setup out there is a real enigmaā€¦electronic noise is one of the major reasons for bad latency/ping. I know your coax to the house is properly shielded, but 500ā€™ of ethernet cable is susceptible to that noise & its over specsā€¦yet you get the good numbers. My best ping is 50ms & I take care of all fittings & cable from the utility pole to my modemā€¦but the Comcast cable plant in my town is just oldā€¦& Iā€™m near an airport so thereā€™s a lot of RF (radio frequency) dashing around me & it gets into the system (ingress) & messes with the signal. Itā€™s no real big thingā€¦Iā€™m just aware of it & picky about my #s. Anywayā€¦good on ya for taking up that task yourself & gittnā€™ rā€™ doneā€¦impressive! :+1: Glad its workinā€™ā€¦well, most of the time anyway :face_with_peeking_eye:

Lol the onternet works all the time ot was the VPN that wasnt there sirā€¦:joy: yea not sure what to say. I did do it myself i dont know works like a charm. Thnx man. Enjoy rest of your weekend. Thanx for the help!

1 Like

Yea, that ping is crazy low. Iā€™m glad you got it worked out!