Can movie and tv industries break into vpn’s

Today experienced something unusual from my Express vpn it went off and tried to connect back but took 15 minutes. My question is can the government or tv industries break into the service. Maybe I am paranoid but with all that’s going on with the industry I just find it weird that this happened.

3 Likes

never say never as technology evolves and the rule #1 Trust no one is made more clear everyday. I really doubt the vpn has been comprimised and if so your vpn provider should have detected a breach…unless its an insider…see rule #1. When things like this happn 1st do a system cleanup and re-boot and see how things behave.

3 Likes

Should I reboot the internet and the Nividia?

2 Likes

wouldnt hurt. I try and reboot everything daily. My modem and router all re-boot after hours automatically and my shield is turned off every night.

3 Likes

Ok I will thank you.

I would definitely reboot everything as Ron suggested, but take a deep breath and don’t panic. It is highly unlikely that something out of the ordinary has happened here. VPNs can take extra time to connect without the reason being someone has hacked into your box or your network. I would always be aware and safe with cord cutting, but think maybe this is just one of those things that happen with networks/vpns/devices, etc on occasion.

2 Likes

I will it just seems different because it’s the first time this has happened . I will from now reboot everything daily. Thank you for the insight.

3 Likes

Weekly may be a little more realistic, but it never hurts to reboot. Some routers have a way to schedule a reboot in the middle of the night so it doesn’t interfere with you using the network. You can set this weekly or bi-weekly, whatever you think is the best for your system. The devices and modem will be a more manual process and schedule, but your cord cutting system will benefit from the extra TLC.

1 Like

Who is your internet provider? Maybe they have a hand in this?

1 Like

I will try this on my router thanks.

Cox cable is my service.

Have you run a reboot via their website? Sometimes I like to go through my provider to do a reboot initiated from their end. I will use their chat to this so there is a log. I like to keep them on their toes and know that I am actively checking on them.

In the meantime, U N P L U G everything for at least 20 minutes. This will reset everything on your system.

1 Like

Cool idea PF. Love keeping the companies making way too much money off of us on their toes! :rofl: I also wanted to mention to occassionally clear cache/force stop/restart the Express VPN app. This will hopefully help in tandem with the other things we have mentioned.

3 Likes

I do that with all my apps, including SS, every time I exit the TV. It’s become an automatic habit.

1 Like

Should I do the router also?

You are confusing a problem with something thats not happening.

Whats going on with your vpn?

1 Like

Well it was trying to reconnect but it wasn’t able to for about 15 minutes. I found this strange since it’s never done it before.

consider it a glitch, if it keeps happening them maybe theres more to it.

4 Likes

If it keeps happening, check your internet then speak to your vpn provider as it could be a glitch.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with this but I just tried to sign in to my cable company but I couldn’t because the message was they were having enternal problems.

1 Like