Buzzx5, Nvidia pro, 11 pro max

Couple questions pertaining to Buzztv x5. First I’ve been lurking here for several years and always looked for answers. I’m looking to upgrade my streaming fire sticks to android boxes. 1) Buzz x5 good for streaming and gaming? Haven’t read anything about gaming for x5. Currently is x5 stable or still issues? Customer support hasn’t been good which is a big concern. Other boxes I’m looking at Z 11 pro max and Nvidia Pro. Recording isn’t a necessity but Bluetooth capability is. Any advice is greatly appreciate.

2 Likes

My thoughts are: If ya gotta ask, buy NVidia Shield Pro. If streaming is your hobby, but lots of gadgets and try em! No one doubts that NVidia Pro is great, maybe the King!

3 Likes

Welcome to the show! Can’t go wrong with a Shield Pro but as mentioned there are so many to choose from. Take your time, do your research and use the search feature here. A lot of great information from top notch members. I had an X5 when it came out and got tired of no updates so I picked up a Formuler Z10 Pro Max. Also remember some boxes are Netflix Certified and some are not if that’s important to you. @TXRon posted an update to his issue with the X5 that you can read here. Good Luck and someone is always around to answer questions and help you out

2 Likes

Two quality boxes I’d recommend you look at are the Ugoos AM6 B Plus and AM6 Pro. You can view a video review on UTube on the AM6 B Plus by TV Box Stop. The AM6 B Plus is available at Amazon.

2 Likes

@sim_bill I was bored and set up a spreadsheet of Ugoos specs. The AM6 Pro and Plus do look good, but the AM7 was really attractive to me too. Do you or anyone else here have experience with the AM7?

1 Like

The am7 is the cheap uncle of the am6, jus’ sayin’ :rofl:

I didn’t realize the Amlogic S922x was rated higher than the S905x4. So I guess that would make sense why. I think both look good, at least spec-wise.

Yep, you dont see the 922 very much but its a step up. I think its also in the beelink gt king boxes. I believe the 922 is actually an older chip, 905x4 is newer tho.

1 Like

Please use our search going foward this is higly talked about and easily viewable.

Gaming is their bread and butter. The Nvidia has all your check marks covered and then some!

2 Likes

I’ve been doing a lot of research here, haven’t seen anything on Buzztv with gaming.

I don’t believe you can game on it but I never looked when I had mine. You can look around here as well

Normally you will here the shield is the goto box for gaming but it really depends on the game and requirements.

1 Like

The AM6 boxes have a better processor than the AM7. The newer version of the AM6B Plus also operates on Wi-Fi 6. These boxes also run on android 9, which is trouble free from the standpoint of adding apps. Some folks whine about not being able to get Netflix or other proprietary premium streaming services in anything other than 480p resolution. The easy way around that is to install these premium service apps directly on your smart tv, then you can stream in 4k.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.