BuzzTV X5 appears to be "quitting apps"?

I will definitely start making sure all my devices are using power outlets. I called myself being smart using the USB ports lol.

I stumbled across my issue with Kodi just after posting my last comment.

An addon was misbehaving (in the background) and I managed to catch an error pop up on the screen. I uninstalled it and restarted and it hasn’t crashed on me yet!

Weird part is I’m using the same build on 3 other streaming devices and they didn’t show this problem and still haven’t! The other devices are fire sticks but that is the only difference.

1 Like

See, as a team we can usually get to the bottom of issues but sometimes, like your find, only luck can help. Can you tell us which addon was causing your issue? Others may have your same issue and hunting for a solution.

Sure.

The addon was Elementum.

I’m sure if I reinstalled it, it would probably work. But I’m ok with one less addon.

That one works with orion. If you use real debrid use seren or the crew. Also that addon i believe only works for kodi 18 to 19.

1 Like

Even more reason to get rid of it all together. I definitely rely on the crew and real debrid. I recently got real debrid and man what a difference.

Hello @Vell have you tried rebooting your box? That usually clears up any problems that I have with these boxes.

5 Likes

Most helpful, thank you!

I just downloaded malwarebytes and it says without playstore will not run on my device. Can this app not run on Fire TV?

Not sure @denadavidson99 as I haven’t used Malwarebytes but I think @Miki did, but I’ll let him verify that :wink:

It worked perfectly on my Max. But I only used the Free version and had to run it manually and I have a mini keyboard to make that easier. I got my version from apkpure I believe.

1 Like

I downloaded Malwarebytes off of Downloader and it won’t work. Where do I fine apkpure? I looked on Downloader and what comes up looks like if I hit download, I will get whatever game or app is being advertised (Call of Duty). Same thing when using Silk Browser. I hit download and it looks like it will download Pinterest? It’s not in the tool box. I put in apkpure in the Troypoint search menu, but there isn’t anything about what it is or how to access it. sorry for the delay in questioning, but I wanted to exhaust possibilities before asking for help.

Thanks Miki. Don’t mean to be thick, but how do I get that on my firestick? I can click on what you sent me and get it on my computer (where I am reading this), but that won’t appear on my firestick?

You can use the downloader and enter that link.

Will do, Thanks!xxxxxxxx

type in

Got status message in Downloader: Error: forbidden. Try using https if you used http. so that did not work.

The easiest way I have found to get files back and forth is through the Cloud on Es File Manager. But I have trouble using the Pro one in Troy’s Toolbox, this one works better.

I sign into the Network->Cloud using OneDrive, so then anything I drop in there (including apks) on my Computer can be accessed through any device that has this file manager.

Or you can use the Send Files to TV. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yablio.sendfilestotv

1 Like

In Downloader you have 2 choices. Home or Browser. I believe using Browser returns that error so use Home. Or the reverse. I forget which.

Well I’ve learned something new already. I did not know there was Home vs Browser. I used Home so I will try the other. Also thank you @AMD237 I’m saving the info in case Miki’s suggestion does not work. But your suggest scares the heck out of me!!! Complicated. If that is to be my third resort, I’ll save it for later :smiley:

1 Like

Well using browser worked! Sort of. Then I had to log onto Google play. My gmail did not work. When I tried as a private guest using Chromebook, that got as complicated as my third resort!

I guess I’ll just live with malware!

Kidding. I thought it would be good to have Malwarebytes on my Fire TV, even though I’ve never had a problem. But this got too complicated for me as a lifetime Apple person. I still will futz with @AMD237 suggestion another time though, to keep pushing the tiny boundaries of my knowledge.

So glad to see @Miki still round and about (a boot in Canadian) so to speak.