BuzzTV Classic 64GB Launch Edition

There is formuler boxes that do it also, a little different layout but basically the same. I like both formuler and Buzz and I think they are on the same playing field. If you are locked in to tivimate it will be hard leaving it for the other format however than can be set side by side.

From what I understand from reading Troy’s articles, Formuler boxes can use Tivimate but Buzz you can’t? Maybe I am wrong in thinking that?

yes tivimate works just fine on Buzz boxes

Ahhh…thats good to know…thanks for clarifying Ron!

1 Like

not sure of a box that tivimate wont work, however my lenovo tablet doesnt like it but I can sideload it and make it work but the issue there is controls.

I’m looking for a very simple player that I can set up favorite channels on it and record very simply for my wife. That’s the main reason why I cannot get rid of satellite yet . All you have to do is hit one button and Records everything.

I got 30 days to return my shield pro!

1 Like

What type channels are you wanting to record? cable type or antenna ota channels.

Iptv, we watch alot of series on stremio but like news and local, VOD dont cut it. And my wife cant hang with tivimate even thou its the best. She got too used to satellite, one button and your done!. LOL, :face_exhaling:

Well your not going to be able and replicate what you had on sat but for local ota, a hdhomerun tuner and the shield with the live channels app will record all of that. The shield is capable as well as acting as a mini nas server and that makes plex, emby and jellyfin all options to explore, Another and my fav app but requires a yearly sub is channelsDVR. That also can be installed on the shield and to me provides the easiest simple recording setup.

Lots of options with the shield due to its built in server.

Would it also work off a paid iptv service?

ChannelsDVR does allow m3u input but not xtream codes. So you would need a sub that provides m3u and not many do. I have one that I can share in private or another thread. However cdr only acceps the 1st 500 channels from a sub, so you need to shrink it so to speak.

Channels — Channels DVR Server

1 Like

Yes we discussed this before. I just need to quit being lazy and experiment. Stremio looks different and acts different on the shield. It even gives me a miniture dashboard of stremio on homepage. Thanks for the info!

Doesn’t say how much storage?

You mean on the shield?

1 Like

storage is whatever you use

U lost me. 20 Characters

storage you add, rather internal or external