Buzztv 5 update problem

New update from Buzztv 5 about an hour ago and now system will not startup at all, just has the Buzz tv logo showing on the screen. Anyone else have this problem or is this just me lucky day???

Sounds like the update toasted the X5, that’s the word from them. Don’t update the X5 with the latest update

1 Like

Thanks @johns for that heads up and I feel your pain.:unamused:

1 Like

so now what do I do!

Yup, was just on stbtalk and buzztv just pulled the update they know it’s bad but don’t know why. Probably a waiting game now.

2 Likes

let me go update, I love this stuff :joy:

im at v20220624 is that new or old? I had mine off so I might be too late :rofl:…been on the ugoos all day

Let me know how that goes

I don’t know what the version is, never paid attention to that. I have always had the greatest confidence in the suppliers of todays technology!

hmm, not a good trait to have :grimacing: :rofl:

Here is the latest version V20220705

Don’t update. I did and it took 5 manual reboots before I could get to the home screen.
Should have known to wait.

nope, I dont have that one

where in the world is buzz quality control?

1 Like

You can’t even post over there without 10 year old’s trolling. That forum needs a moderator.

Buzz made a good product, their support needs to catch up.

2 Likes

yea I find their forum useless. No serious answers for serious questions. I get more help here from others with same issues.

Hey TX, so I managed to get the buzztv to run again by rebooting it several times, but I also noticed the the version that is now running (V20222064) is actually the old version that was on before the latest update. The latest update (V20220705) did not install or was removed by the Buzz people. I totally agree with you as far as that their support sucks bigtime. Their forum is a joke and the actual “buzz” people never get back to you.

2 Likes

I’m sure they saw the mistake pretty quick after sending out the update but what bothers me is you would think they would test the update before rolling it out.

1 Like

i updated and took me like 5 hard resets to get back in, am i screwed now? what next steps do i need to take? everything seems to be working again though? thanks

I had to do the same thing to get mine back so it worked properly. It has been working fine since then. The “Buzz” people actually had told me to do that to make it work again. So now I think its just a waiting game to see what the next step it.

1 Like