Buzz TV vs. Shield Pro

Im comparing Buzz TV X5 to a Nvidia Shield Pro. Both have great pic quality compared to FS and both being android boxes the setup and functionally is almost identical. Nvidia has, IMO, a nicer looking and easier to navigate screen; could be because I used the shield for a month and only on day 3 with Buzz. Internal and removable storage size/options definitely favors Buzz. The deal breaker for me, however, is the remote. The shield remote was easy to use regarding all functions (downloading, settings, navigating Home Screen). The Buzz remote is TERRIBLE! I’ve never had so many issues with direction arrows and select button. It’s cute that it lights up but I don’t really care. When selecting on a keyboard like in play store or aptoid I end up with repeated letters or a wrong letter I was moving over to get to my target letter. I’m going to give it another week or two to see if I conquer the remote. Finally, NETFLIX issue seems unsolvable on BuzzTV.

2 Likes

I agree with you on the buzz remote and I too prefer simple easy no clutter on the remote and other than an airmouse the shield remote is my fav. IMHO you cant go wrong with either box, I have both and like them both…no counting the remote :joy:

I use a bluetooth ugoos remote on my buzztv and all is well.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m going to look up the remote your using.

3 Likes

Remote Control Bt Voice Replacement | Remote Control Tv Box Ugoos X4 - Remote Control - Aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004421890913.html

1 Like

the shield remote will also work on the buzz box just doesnt have all buttons needed for the box

1 Like

Thanks for link. Amazon doesn’t carry remote as stand alone.

1 Like

not that I know of but most any remote will work. Ive had no trouble swapping my bluetooth remotes around and a usb dongle type will also work. I like the ugoos one because its well built and has an airmouse button.

I take it this remote has no air mouse. Just sent back the buzz arq100 because you can’t program the volume buttons, are the Ugoos volume buttons programmable?

1 Like

not out of the box but most likely with button mapper. Its a standard mouse, volume up down, channel up down, menu, home, microphone, return and ok buttons and mouse button

2 Likes

just my .02 here plus i have never owned a shield…that said gonna have to disagree about the BuzzTV Remote…it’s specificaly designed to work for the buzzTV homescreens.IT works AWESOME with my XRS4500 once you learn how to use it…LOVE the backlit keys function and it is VERY snappy.even when i have to manually type in on some apps like downloader or aptoid i have no issues. i bought this wireless mini backlit keyboard for another box i was using and i use it sometimes for my BuzzTV box with zero issues. i like the super smooth finger mouse which is fast and the ability to type in much faster than using the remote.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E3B81HU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

The BuzzTV remote is a bit quirky with all those buttons. Took me a while to get used to it. I have to agree with the others here. Just get a simple android remote with a usb dongle and that should solve your problem. As for BuzzTV vs. Nvidia, I like BuzzTV a bit better due to more memory and RAM, in addition to getting the full version of google Playstore and better variety of apps on your device. As for the limited licensing for premium services that only allow for 480p streams, I suggest finding your premium service apps on your smart tv’s App Store and loading them from there. That way you’ll get the higher resolution streaming.

3 Likes

Agree the buzz remote is horrible, will look into buzz remote too
Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Please refrain from mentioning the IPTV service’s name in this forum.

1 Like

@DonnCMS

Please read our rules.

1 Like

My bad. Thanks for reminder.

Setup m3 url and epg in the Buzz TV app. Works nicely. Looks like recording is easy to select. Question how do you set up pathway to removable storage device and does Buzz turn on to record if you are sleeping or out?

Yes it will record even when its off and to set path, while inside buzz tv app, open main menu, scroll down to pvr and click it, and then scroll down to pvr options and the first one at top of list, recording storage location. Good luck :+1:

Your directions were easy to follow. I set up recordings and when I pulled them up this morning all listed recordings said failed. Any suggestions that would help are welcomed.

It may depend on how you have your Powerkey definition settings. I have mine set to suspend. Also I don’t force stop the buzz tv app if I have recordings set.

Power setting was on suspend. Tried recording again but get the following

1 Like