Buzz TV Server & TiviMate

After purchasing Buzz TV XRS 4500 and setting up the tv server with my iptv service, I have to say it is very intuitive and about as good as TiviMate in terms of ease of use, setting up favorites, lists, etc for live tv, movies and tv series. Even better, the server is integrated directly to the Home Screen so you don’t need to go into another app to separately access tv, movies or series. Very seamless process. TiviMate is great but if you are thinking of buying a Buzz TV box, you really don’t need to load TiviMate onto it.

1 Like

Hey @sim_bill Does “tv server” equate to a native player exclusive to the Buzz TV Box? If so…does it look like any of the players we’re familiar with?

1 Like

Take a look at one of the Utube videos on the Buzz TV 4500 XRS Max. That will show you how the server integrates with the Home Screen. Like TiviMate, you can download your iptv M3U, XC API or MAC Server url off the server settings. It operates and has organization very similar to TiviMate. Yes, this is the native tv server germane to Buzz TV devices.

4 Likes

Very nice specs for the XRS box and verrrrry good looking remote, I wonder has Troypoint ever reviewed it?

heres the review I was looking at…
BuzzTV XRS4500 / XR4500 Full Android TV Box / 4GB+64GB - Any Good? - YouTube

3 Likes

Troy reviewed the XRS 4900 and liked. It. The main difference between it and the XRS 4500 is internal memory, (128 gb vs 64 gb) and the 4900 has a slot for a hard drive up to 2 terabytes. The price is about $70 more than the 4500. The only negative is no launcher option, but the Home Screen is so good, who would want to change it? Also, this is the best manufacturer supplied remote I have ever seen or used.

2 Likes

Here is our review guys.

https://troypoint.com/buzztv-xrs-4900-review/

3 Likes

This review got me interested and lead to my purchase of the XRS 4500. As an editorial comment, too much is made by folks about a lack of hd permissions for premium tv streaming services on pure android boxes . This is something very easily overcome by loading these services directly off your smart tv’s App Store.

1 Like

Hi Troy, I read your review for the buzztv-xrs-4900, and you mentioned it * Doesn’t support the new AV1 video codec * Do you know if it’s been updated to include that AV1 yet?
Thanks for everything you do for us :+1:

1 Like

Hello @Patachou unfortunately, that codec is hardware based so an update won’t work. No, it won’t get the AV1 codec.

1 Like

All I know is when a “launcher” or user interface of a box allows me the option of displaying live channels of my choice on the home screen…you got my attention. Examples of nice setup but you must use what they pick is tivo 4k stream. To me they have a great idea and then kill it unless you dont use what they want you to use ie…slingtv etc. IMHO let users decide and increase your sales or you keep deciding and the scap pile grows…just my 2 cents :skull:

What is the advantage of the AV1 codec and does it really matter for streamers? If there is an advantage you can actually see, I’d like to know.

2 Likes

AV1 provides lower bit rate requirements with efficient data compression to deliver content, allowing less bandwidth usage that can save on costs and battery power consumption for mobile users. It can also provide higher quality content streams for higher end displays like 4K and 8K TVs

2 Likes

Sounds nice but most iptv services are providing 1080p streams with a limited 4k library. You have to have a large screen over 65” and a viewing distance of less than 8 feet to notice a difference between 1080p and 4k anyway. I have a 55” LG 4k Oled with a 9.5 foot viewing distance and notice little if any difference between these 2 formats.

2 Likes

Not attempting to hijack this thread but I comprimized and ordered one of these for a test drive. Youtubers call it a firestick killer and what the firestick should have been :grimacing: :joy:

AmazonSmile: BuzzTV Vidstick+ Android 9.0 HDMI Stick 4K Ultra HD 4GB RAM DDR4 32GB Storage 5G WiFi + Remote Controller : Electronics

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply​:+1: Now I know it’s a hardware issue, they might add that codec if they release a new version :grinning:

Hi sim_bill
I wish I could do what you are advising, but my problem is that my smart tv is 75" LG webOS 4k TV and I they have control of anything I would love to download So I use an android tv box. I see you have 55” LG 4k Oled TV. Do you have the same limited problem trying to download from your application store? Also, I don’t have anything installed on my mobile phone which is android, not Apple
Thank you for any advice!!!

So sorry for being so dumb :disappointed: with technology TXRon. I mainly have used Kodi on an Android TV Box. Does this “Firestick” allow installation of kodi and favorite add-ons? I’m so confused :confused: please forgive me :pray:!!!

Yes it does but what I posted is not a firestick. Both however are versions of an android system and kodi works well on either providing you have the storage.

1 Like

TX, are these that you mentioned good for memory?
BuzzTV Vidstick+ Android 9.0 HDMI Stick 4K Ultra HD 4GB RAM DDR4 32GB Storage 5G WiF
I’m kinda lost when you talk about how much memory is suggested or needed. Are you talking about using an external hard drive to get more memory?

generally speaking on streaming devices 4gb memory is towards the top or best. My ugoos ut has 8 but that is un-common for these devices. I would say for storage 32gb is good for the average user and should not need to add storage. Only larger storage is mostly for games or people with media servers.

3 Likes