Buzz TV after recent update

Hmmm that IS weird Tx, must be an oversight, they usually have a screen timeout setting (maybe thats what their trying to update…lol)

2 Likes

That issue was a problem before and after the update, still no fix

The one problem I’m hearing alot is people who can’t download apps with the no room in storage message, fortunately I haven’t encountered that one yet. But still can’t get the box to power on without a restart taking place before I get the homepage and when it does this something with vpn safety dot and express vpn gets all whacky and the box won’t connect to wifi. I have found a fake fix by force stopping, deleting cache and data in the vpn safety dot before powering off for the night. When I power back up I restart the safety dot and everything runs flawless for the rest of the day. For me it’s a keeper so far.:grin:

3 Likes

Not sure about express vpn but surfshark has a kill switch and it can be a prob if you forget about it. Kill with autostart and the mahem starts :grimacing: :upside_down_face:

Maybe that :thinking: could be part of my problem, I do have a killswitch and it’s on all the time. Thanks @TXRon

I agree with all you have said. I packed mine up and took it to UPS for a refund. I am not as patient as the other members. My motto is if it’s not better than what I have don 't keep it. The major problem I had is I couldn’t install Google Assistant or Button Mapper…

I have button mapper installed and using it.

You can install those apps without sounding like a jerk hear me out. I think you should have a little mote patience for stuff like this. Trial and error. Most things can be solved with research and tutorials on here.

You may have jumped the gun but again its your choice do as you please. I just think when trying new things have that patience.

2 Likes

If a device will not support voice, it is no use to me. The Google assistant would not install on the X5 and the Button Mapper would not give 3 options. I don’t appreciate being called a jerk. I was working on computers and punched card equipment probably before you were born.

I didn’t call you a jerk, I said hear me out without sounding like a jerk. I was trying to not sound like one and really help you. All is good tho. I hope you get something that works, You should try a google box.

2 Likes

I have an LG and have same problem… Volume and power works fine but input doesnt work… not a dealbreaker just kinda annoying… if anyone finds a fix lmk

All I can say is that from browsing the buzz forum they claim an update is on its way. Which is to be expected. However you would think a beta test should have been issued before wide distribution…comes down to qos and it will be fixed…the question is when?..maybe they are beta testing an update before rolling it out :sweat_smile:… reminds me of a shield update some time ago.

2 Likes

Yeah I actually got input to work. I think my soundbar was blocking signal to the tv :sweat_smile:. Overall it’s a pretty fire little box though

1 Like

I guess I should have read all this as I just now ordered the 128 and ships out tomorrow. Hopefully it won’t auto update when I start it

1 Like

I believe you will get a pop-up to update. Hopefully the next update will be out soon. Its a blazing fast box, great everything except little issues here and there…it will all work out. No voice remote tho. I never use voice so no issue for me but I did pair a voice remote and still no voice.

1 Like

One of the first options I stop from working is Voice on everything I have. Not a fan

2 Likes

Its a very nice remote, but I paired my ugoos remote and tend to use it more often. It is more of a minimal design, less buttons for me to accidently hit :grimacing:…and both remotes can be paired at the same time.

@TROYPOINT review of it and watching the video is what got me interested. I really dig the stock player for services

2 Likes

i have an ONN box, works fine.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.