Buzz TV after recent update

@TXRon I’ve been digging and did find a few changes in settings I had to change back. Don’t know why the wifi was dropping off steady, but finally unplugging the box for 1 minute and it stopped disconnecting and I do recall when I first setup the box I had the same problem with the wifi and unplugging the box seemed to fix it, makes no sense to me. But now I still can’t get it to stop rebooting every time I power on the box. In settings “power key definition” is set to “shutdown” if I set it to “restart” my tv and receiver powers off but the x5 stays on. Any suggestions?

I tried the unpair bluetooth as mentioned above and it didnt do anything for me but the remote still worked very well and that might be an option to look at since the remote is controlling other things not wanted. I did notice that after the update in buzz utilities that the volume control setting was set to force max? With that setting my remote had lost volume control so I set it back and control is normal agiain.

1 Like

Loosing my mind :flushed: here in Cornwall, thought yesterday unplugging the box resolved my disconnecting from wifi issue but not only when I powered on instead of starting on homescreen, it starts by rebooting and then going to homescreen and now for the past two hours its disconnecting from wifi about 10 times. Also my weather on the homepage for the past 2 weeks has shown where ever my vpn was set to, now all of a sudden its showing my actual location and not the vpn location. I think I need to learn how to backup all my stuff and maybe try factory reset. But first I think l’ll have to plug my cube in for the day and take a break. The farmer in me keeps hearing this voice in the back of my head, "Don’t force it - use a bigger hammer.":hot_face: This box gave me 2 weeks of intense happiness and now reverting back to my firecube is bringing me intense :flushed: sadness. Sorry for the rant.

i now have another problem,there’s a small white circle that’s rotating in the middle of my screen
Does anyone know what’s causing this? very annoying while trying to watch tv

This one I haven’t encountered yet, but sure is good to know I may. :roll_eyes:Thanks @Comtech for the post and I hope someone can help you with that.

i unplugged the box for 30sec and reconnected it,problem with circle went away,i think it has to do with the timeshift in pvr settings

1 Like

I install my X5 today and was very disappointed in the speed tests, 20mb. I have a FS and an ONN on the same network getting 280 MB, my plan is 150MB. I have installed the X5 as a WIFI device and have not installed an Ethernet cable. Can someone tell me what items need to be turned on? I have gone through the setting and set all WIFI on. Unless I can find a solution from BuzzTV or on the insider I’m packing it up and get my money back. I also find the keyboard and remote hard to use. My $20 ONN performs much better.

Hope someone will help with that but my experience was totally opposite with the wifi. It slightly out performed my cube on speed. But since the firmware update my wifi keeps losing connection every 20 minutes :unamused:

I packed my X5 up, going to send it back. My $20 ONN is my choice until something better come along.

Ive been looking for answers and really have found no help elsewhere for the buzz update screwing up some users setup. The buzz forums seem to have no issues that are being addresed adequately. In my case the update seems to only have sffected my volume on re-boot. Sets it to max and in doing so kills my volume control from the remote. I have to use another remote to change volume or go into settings and set it back…but it will change without my help.

I have emailed Buzz for an explanation. We will see if it falls on deaf ears or they jump in and fix it. I give them 2 days to respond.

yes…i have taken the most recent buzzTV update…it’s the beta update to buzzTV 5. and there was a bulletine stating that this update cannot be reversed and that there are and will be certain bugs associated with this update.that is why i posted the stbtalk link…that is where you can post your issues and find answers to your specific problem(s)…

I hope Buzztv is aware most people do not hang out in their forum waiting on statements by the company about updates in fact most people buy a box expecting it to work and not crippled by a “beta” update they are not aware of is even happening. I expect buzz to issue a fix asap before the onslaught of returns hit their doors.

Good Morning TXRon.

BuzzTV is doing what every other reliable company does with the launch of a new product. Troy states in his review,

“Most off-brand Android TV Boxes don’t issue regular over the air updates, or none at all for that matter. BuzzTV is well-known for sending out updates on a regular basis that fix various bugs or adds improvements to the product. This is a sign that the company cares about their customers and want them to enjoy the best possible TV viewing experience possible.”

If you look at their XRS4900 model, you’ll find two months of updates to iron out issues. It will be the same with the X5.

That is what I and others here are counting on. The last update screwed up most boxes of people on here. Ive not heard from anyone of a pleasant expierence so far. My Buzz box is my 2nd and the X5 is the best imho product they have. However a non-response so far from buzz doesnt look good on their part.

100% agreement with you @TXRon, it’s not like we paid beta prices for these boxes and yeah an update thats
given so many issues to so many people should be addressed quickly. Remaining mum on the issue isn’t making any new fans.

RE: recordng

Not an buzz owner, but i thought most boxes “sleep” when unattended on hmscreen

If it duz, make sure u go into Tivimate settngs “reminder” & set it to “wake from sleep” & then set the remind to match your recrdng

hth…

Hey Sketch… strange but Buzz doesnt seem to have an actual sleep. I do find a screensaver but otherwise notta :thinking:

1 Like

After update, any attempt to download an app - Memory Full. I have fewer apps on the Buzz TV Box than on my Firestick?
Anybody having similar problems.
Also I have a Vizio and input button will not pair.

I have the exact same problem with my box. I have tried everything that I can think of but have had no luck trying to solve these 2 problems. I did notice that when my VPN (exressVPN) is turned off, that it does not disconnect as often but still does not stop it from disconnecting. So I’m also waiting for a fix from the company and hope that it comes soon. I’m actually becoming very dissapointed with this product, considering the amount of money it cost, almost $300.00 (Canadian) I think that my fire cube worked better that this Buzz box. I’m also not very happy with the remote that came with the box. I find that “buttons” do not stick high enough above the body of the remote making it hard to “feel” the correct button when feeling for them.
Thank you for letting me rant. I needed that.

c

1 Like