Buffering on Kodi with The Crew

The last few tmes I have used Crew to view a program the feed has locked up Not sure why because up til then it had worked flawlessly. I set mine up using the Speed up video for Kodi and I only have the Crew on it. It shows RD feeds just fine. Any of you having the same issues?

I use KODI Builds and The Crew and The Oathe are my go to Addons. I am hard wired with close to 400Mbps and having no issues. I am not aware of any “Speed up for KODI” functionality. Sometimes just resetting you Modem/Router, Clear Cache, etc… clears up these issues.

1 Like

@Jayhawks659 has a video on speeding things up by only using RD and disabling other sources etc. A great watch.

4 Likes

Okay took a quick look at the video and get the gist of this. A lot of these are things I manually had to do back in the early days but now A Good Build Group will Optimize these in the Addons they use so you don’t have to but if using the Add on without a Build I certainly see how this might help reduce some of the bloatware

1 Like

Ya his vid is aimed at those of us using just a plain Kodi with 1 or 2 addons who have Real Debrid and don’t need all the wasted sources and time it takes to search them. A very educational help for beginners or even those who have never ventured into these settings.

1 Like

What Miki said about JayHawk’s video. t does make a difference

2 Likes

Ok so a build will automatically authorize your Real Debrid account and select the proper settings including removing the unnecessary sources? I need that build please. I’m spending a lot of time learning Kodi and a build like that would sure cut that down.

Depends on the Build Developer. I use Grindhouse and for example in the Video in the Resolve URL settings he changed the priority to 90 from 100. That is already done for me in the Builds and no it will not automatically reauthorize your RD but that takes about 60 seconds to do on average. Honestly I have never played around with these settings much as I haven’t had speed issues nor been constrained buy the amount of space on my Device. I use Android Boxes vs Sticks and because of that use Builds and don’t have any issues with space constrainsts on my Boxes

1 Like

I honestly don’t have any space issue or speed issues. I installed the Grindhouse build and tested it for 3 days and didn’t find any added benefit having a build, so I deleted it and went back to the strip down with 2 addons. Authorizing Debrid isn’t all there is, as you said that’s simple and changing from 100 to 90 is also simple, I changed mine to 75 to test it. I’m in The Crew now and watching playoffs without a hiccup. The grindhouse build had a very minimum impact on my free space. I just don’t need all the eye candy, I’m streaming not admiring the build. To each their own. Back to the game.

2 Likes

Glad you finally got your buffering issues worked out with the CREW!

Tx. I watched all the vids from Troy and @Jayhawks659 and modified the settings as I went. I just added Seren this morning to test it following Troy’s vids. I now have Kodi Matrix 19.3 with Mad Titan, The Crew and Seren as well as the SG Wizard 19, Kodi Logfile Uploader, Log Viewer for Kodi, and InputStream Helper Python module all installed. After a thorough cleanup I still have 2.61GBs of free space. Yowsa.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

2 Likes

Not to take this too far off topic but what does Seren have that the CREW doesn’t? If worth it I may give it a Spin

1 Like

They all do the same thing if you are using a service like real debrid. The layout looks different. I prefer the two lines of source information in the crew if I’m looking for a 4K stream with TrueHD audio and HDR10. It’s a little more difficult to read on Seren in my opinion. But Seren does identify Dolby Vision files while the crew still does not.

4 Likes

I have only just begun, and following Troy’s vid you actually install your own scraper and only use a premium account like Real-Debrid. So far the sources are great and play well and there are soooo many Movie link suppliers to choose from. The Movie category has 14 sub categories and within each even more category breakdowns, in fact pages and pages, but as I mentioned I’m just beginning to click around. Thank god I’m getting more comfortable with Kodi.

Okay got it. But are you telling me when I’m watching a Real Debrid 4K, Dolby 5 or 7.1 Movie or TV Show on The CREW it’s not really Dolby 7.1 even though the info from the RD source says it is? I

I started with Kodi about 6-7 years ago - what a revelation! I kept using it long into the Terrarium age because I just preferred Kodi and Genesis/Covenant - no need for Real Debrid in those days. Eventually I tried Cinema and LiveNetTV as several of my favorite Kodi addons were going downhill. What I noticed most was the speed of the APKs.

Fast forward to late 2021/2022 and things are changing again. Real Debrid is almost a must, the apps are becoming unreliable and I’m back to Kodi/Crew/Seren. Only thing that’s bothering me is how SLOW Kodi has become.

1 Like

In my Seren each found source has about a 6 line box showing every detail anyone could need. Helps me make a good decision.

2 Likes

I have no idea what you’re referencing. Why wouldn’t it be playing what it says it’s playing? I’m just saying it’s easier to read (like… with your eyes)

This is what I was asking? In the CREW depending on the RD Source I choose, it will tell me the Audio whether Dolby 5, 7.1 etc…So I guess Seren does the same thing as well. No worries All good here

And some of that is repetitive or it cuts off at a point instead of starting a new line. I’ll look at it again sometime.