Buffering issues with cinema and add ons

Thought I’d reach out with a question that is driving me crazy. My brother and I both have Fire sticks on each of our TV’s. We both have Cinema HD on Firestick app library as well as Kodi 19.6 I believe. We both have Seren add on. My bother shares his RD account with me. About 3 weeks ago I called him to say even though when using either add on I am getting lots of premium RD feeds suddenly the show or movie buffers so badly it’s unwatchable. He tells me he is experiencing the same issues. My TV works fine with any other app it’s only when using the RD linked add on’s. I went in Cinema setting and re authorized as well as turned off resolve premium setting. Still buffers. All common sense points to the Real Debris account but there are no special setting for cinema that I know if in RD. The fact it does it with Seren tells me it’s not cinema either. I am at a loss. Any suggestions. I have 1.4GB memory on stick available and I cleared cache and di a restart. Still no success.

Thanks

Steve AKA zmon47

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

I’ve noticed more and more issues with buffering on Stremio/RD links in the last few weeks. Not sure what’s going on. I can usually find a stream that works but it never used to be like this. Maybe their servers are getting overloaded?

I use RD on Stremio every day. Haven’t had any issues with buffering. My speeds suck right now to. Gov elec. messed up fiber.

If you have verified that your RD account is still current and in good standing, and you re-authorized it in the app, that is a good start. Do the sources sound like they are premium sources? I have had good luck sorting the results by bitrate and/or quality, so that I’m taking the best of the premium sources. Also, just because it says 4k on the name of the stick, doesn’t mean it is the greatest at playing the highest end 4k sources. I would filter by 1080p sources, as those are good enough for most tvs and applications.

2 Likes

Thanks TP. I will check out the link you sent to see if it helps at all. The thing that just blows my mind is why should I have the same issues as my brother when we are in two different states and not using at the same time. The only common factor is we share the same RD account but there are no special setting to apply to RD, especially given we never changed anything.

Thanks Miki. I am not familiar with Stremio. I am experiencing the same buffering issues on Seren as well. Just odd this all happened out of the blue to the both of us.

Hey there AMD237,
When I use Cinema or Seren I ONLY choose premium feeds. I did experiment just to see if issues were same on no prem feeds and yes still buffering. If not for the fact that my brother has the same problem I would have leaned to the ISP or router but my ISP and my router have no affect on my brothers who loves in a different state. Maybe I have strange beings screwing with my services.

Thanks again

Isn’t to surprising. The internet has been a bit of a mess lately. I switched my server from Dallas to New York. Have you tried switching locations?

I assume you mean via VPN? No I did not try that but will. Thanks

Sorry yes, I did mean via VPN.

Just so you know you cant share the same RD account on 2 different IP address. Buffering has a lot of variable’s. Please read that guide and do speed tests.

Have you tried using the Cinema app without Kodi? I gave up on Kodi years ago and now just use apps.

I actually use Cinema as a stand alone app down loaded to my firestick. It’s simply mind boggling why all of a sudden and that my brother has same issues on same apps regardless to when we are using the app. Like I was saying in common denominator is we share same RD account.

Zmon47

If you are sharing a account you can’t be at different addresses per Dracoo.

1 Like

Yes, I think you’re experiencing throttling by your ISP. I see that often around 5-7pm. I have Cox and they are notorious for this. I’m paying for 250mps and I still get buffering. Also, the fact that you have a 4K TV doesn’t mean you will get it. I use RD exclusively on my Crew and Cinema Hd apps and while I like the 1080p feed I often go down to 720p and generally don’t experience much if any buffering. Happy viewing….

I don’t have RD and have to link search a bit, but I when I step down to 720p I usually don’t see any degradation of the picture relative to 1080. I suspect that this may actually be the labeling of the link, and there often is no difference in 1080 and 720 as far as the feed goes.

Depending on your TV make and model some will upscale. So that may be why you don’t seem to see a dif between 720 and 1080.

Most 4k tvs will upscale I believe.

1 Like

I believe this is correct at the same time. I use my RD at two different locations but not at the same time.