🚨 BREAKING NEWS -The END of Firestick SIDELOADING is CONFIRMED!

Hi Jessica45qt,

How is loading a OS to a T95/Fire Stick/ONN box done?

I would love to revert one of my boxes to pre-Android 11 and get rid of those nasty permission levels.

Thank you,
-N

Probably same time as the apocalypse lol lol they say not soon

I’m using a 4k Max firestick with 64g USB stick on my main TV. It will be my last Amazon streaming device. I’ve had many of them over the years and have set up some for friends and family.
I also have an ONN 4k box set up with a 64g flashdrive which works really great!
Recently I have been setting up a T95Z Plus 128GB with the remote that I got at Temu when TroyPoint first mentioned them. It was $21 and change for both. So far it has been working fairly well, a little laggy at times but it works fine.NO more firesticks for me!

2 Likes

Let’s go Brandon! LOL

1 Like

I paid for a TDUK app and yesterday it stopped working on my Firestick after updsting the OS on my tv! I havent worked out how or why this has happened yet. Any clues anyone? It was an LG tv.

BREAKING NEWS! Most of us bought our last Amazon Streaming anything long ago. We are a small segment of their customers so they won’t be all that distraught about it but still large enough that they still change their OS to hamper what we are doing. News Flash Amazon. What’s the point? We just won’t purchase your products anymore so why do you really care what we do with them still?

3 Likes

At this point it’s old news and we can still sideload. No good speculating what’s going to happen or when with the new Amazon OS. They will still need devs to have access for testing their apps. So at this point there isn’t much point in losing sleep over what may happen. We have options and always will. Have fun and STREAM ON!!!

1 Like

Mine is still working but Techdoctoruk App Killer has stopped working

I bought the MeCool KM7+ and i find it really good. Not too expensive and as I live in Spain and dont have access to an ONN device a good alternative.

1 Like

Just purchased 2 of latest firesticks that don’t allow side loading so I returned them immediately. Looking for a different option.

I have 3 Nvidia shields , 3 4K Firesticks, 1 2nd Gen 4k Fire TV box, 3 onn TV boxes. I’m not worried.:rofl::rofl:

If you’re referring to the 4K Max Fire OS 8 you certainly can sideload 3rd party apps. Jailbreak them.

1 Like

Hey Mono, I don’t believe that Amazon is selling any of the devices which don’t allow “jailbreaking” yet.

Look at the link that Miki posted.
“Jailbreaking” a Firestick is simply turning on the Developer options…which is a little hard to find, but not difficult to do.

2 Likes

Amazon Firestick (April, 2014 - April, 2024) - R.I.P. :skull::skull::skull:

1 Like
  1. mandatory updates

You wonder if someone like Bezos just wants to be an a-hole.

Mine died a premature death in 2018 when I stopped updating or using it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What do you mean “wants to be”

3 Likes

Man I am truly concerned about Bezos and Amazon.Times are so tuff they are no longer putting products in shipping packages,they are simply slapping a label on the product and shipping as is lol.

3 Likes